Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Android App keeps crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I been having many crashing issues since upgrading to v17. For some reason after playing a video or music files, the Kodi app just crashes.

As this is clearly a bug, I opened a ticket in bug tracker (Trac page) However, till date no response has been given.

See bug tracker for more details. Since this report, I have installed the latest Kodi app on a different android box with the latest android version, however this did not change the behaviour either.

Wondering if someone within the Kodi development community can be so kind to look into this and report back.

I found a code that might help this issue. Maybe it can be added to the Kodi app code base so that if it crashes, it would allow for the app to reopen automatically. This would improve my user experience.

web page

Thanks for the help
Kodi bugs are now on github:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues
Nobody's going to look at v17 now, it's not being developed.  If you have the same issue with v18 I would start a new issue on github.  It will need a debug log though (which is possibly why nobody replied last time).
Thanks for the reply. 

If not mistaken, I had not added a log as the log itself did not provide any information on the reason for the crash. I was not able to find a pattern either. I will wait till the upgrade to v18. Hopefully this would have solved it.