Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Vertical shift for Amlogic HW decoding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there.

I have one thought to the discussion. I have projector and canvas, rolled from the ceiling. The mostly watched content are are 2.40 Blurays. But of course some sources (TV) are 16:9.

If I setup projector lens to the 16:9 picture, and play wide (2.40) movie, its vertically centered, ie. it shows in the middle of canvas.

Canvas is rolled from the ceiling, and the best viewing experience is have image as bottom as it gets (to prevent looking too up). The setup is that way, because its aimed primarily for BluRay movies, to have bigger picture when sacrifice little bit discomfort (image isnt in natural descending eye line from seats) when watching 16:9 content (viewers must look just little bit up, as in theatre in front lines).
    I can manually move picture 10% down vertically on projector, to get 2.40 content to the bottom of canvas, but basically, due to not watching 16:9 much, and prevent damage projector's adjusting wheel, I just leave it that way and watch BluRays.

Is it possible, to configure overscan(?) values, based on aspect ratio, to have image always on the bottom? So I could have projector lens setuped on 16:9 content, but wider (and lower) videos would be at the bottom still?

I tried find some "rule" options within advancedsettings.xml, not sucesfull. I assume, that picture could be shifted through the overscan values (?), though.. Profiles then can shift between guisettings.xml, but its not much handy (but still would be better than manually shifting lens on projector).

Best would be have Vertical Shift option. But for some reason, there are no such option on Amlogic HW enabled video decoding.

Will appretiate any advice/help/opinion here.

Edit: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/15045