Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Whitelist on my Philips 65PUS7803 shows only one resolution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whiltelist in KODI 18 RC 4 is showing only 1080p50 on my Philips 65OUS7803 TV. I know that TH is supporting whole range of resolutions and framerates but I am not able to modify whitelist. Can you, please, instruct me how to add more resolutions and framerates in Whitelist? I searched forum on and on and I didn't find instructions.

Thanks.
Ask Philips to fix their android firmware
Is there any way to add 1080p60 into Whitelist in order to have fluent FullHD 60fps video playback?
For example, on MX Player installed on same Phillips TV, such video is fluent, so I am not sure why Kodi cannot change it also?
We use the official Android API and MX player uses whatever hack it can find.
So, there is no way to edit Whitelist via some editor or directly in XML?
No.
(2019-01-04, 12:00)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]No.
 So, what is the purpose of whitelist then? Only as informational, read-only, "only view mode" screen just to see what resolutions are available?
(2019-01-04, 17:13)Stile35 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-01-04, 12:00)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]No.
 So, what is the purpose of whitelist then? Only as informational, read-only, "only view mode" screen just to see what resolutions are available? 
 If the device has proper firmware it actually shows a list to choose from. Your tv doesn't have proper firmware so it shows nothing.