Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DVD ISO stutters on v18 RC 4 on Android MediPlayer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://jenkins.kodi.tv/job/Android-ARM/12503/

It will end up on mirrors.kodi.tv under test-builds when it's done
Thanks, it is already there. Just to be sure, complete code is from KODI v18 RC4 (no nightlies, no other changes) and only change is my change of this one file?
I forked master branch.
Well, I tested this version and original problem with chopping playback of DVD ISO on H96Pro+ still persists. No change unfortunatelly...
I am back to "real life's work" today - don't expect frequent replies. All the best.
Thanks. Me too  Nerd Back to work and in afternoon (if there will be time), tweaking and testing Kodi...  Angel
Hi Smile

Any luck on this ?

As I fried my h96pro+ doing severe testing and playing (it kinda overheated due to not giving up I guess) I cannot supply a logfile but like to know if it's worth to again get me the same tvbox or change to another processor like the 905 or even a rockchip.
No luck. On slower TV hardware it is working, on faster H96Pro+ hardware it is chopping. I am hoping it will be fixed in RC5.
Try: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk just for fun (without hw accel, please).
(2019-01-09, 16:02)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Try: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk just for fun (without hw accel, please).
 No luck with this version. HW acc. ON and it stutters. HW acc. OFF and it stutters less but it is visible...
Why I asked this is: I had the same problem on my H69Pro+ and I did some heavely searching on the www on the processor capabilities.

As I read almost everywhere is that the amlogic S912 (the processor used in this device) is performing way down what you would expect, and even if it runs on (what is said) 8 core it sucks bad.

I discovered on my own device that the processor temperature also is way too high and runs up to 87 degrees celcius where 50 is actually what you would like to reach on max performance.

Although the amlogic S905, which I also own, runs up to 78 degrees and is actually to hot too does the job way better on just 4 cores.

I had the bad luck to frie the S912 due to Huh I guess high temp and had to send it back to the seller under warranty and have decided to abandon the S912 untill better processors come along.

I hope you can get this problem solved but bear in mind that the S912 is not happy when you run Kodi on it.

Aas far as I could detect before the damned thing fried was that there was no problem whatsoever when I played my movies with the build in mediaplayer on the device.

Just my 2 cents Smile
Thanks for your 2 cents.

My cent on top: No one is working on this issue and it's unlikely someone will until v18 release. Therefore: Now is the time to get hands dirty and start coding / developing. We need help.
Sorry mate Smile

I'm not a coder nor even think about becoming one on my 61 years of age Smile
I stick to testing and complaining Wink (actually giving feedback wherever I can) and hope to be of some help that way.
you are younger than me - so come on!
Pages: 1 2