Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Liberto compatibility?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are there plans to add Liberto cores to the UWP versions of Kodi for the Xbox??
I guess you meant libretro. If you did there is no emulation on xbox allowed.
(2019-01-05, 21:30)PHiLiPZ Wrote: [ -> ]I guess you meant libretro. If you did there is no emulation on xbox allowed.
 Where did you find this info? Can you point me to a thread that states that?
2688824 (post)
(2019-01-06, 00:45)PHiLiPZ Wrote: [ -> ]2688824 (post)
 Thanks!
Apparently you can already install retro arch if you switch to developer mode. I don't know the implications of this tho. I'm reading that developer mode is accompanied by some major restrictions on regular use (In Developer Mode, you can develop software for the console, but you cannot play retail games or run retail apps.(??)). And going back to retail requires factory reset. Maybe someone can explain this better.

Source: https://www.techspot.com/news/78047-popu...x-one.html
(2019-01-08, 16:24)bo1e Wrote: [ -> ] I'm reading that developer mode is accompanied by some major restrictions on regular use (In Developer Mode, you can develop software for the console, but you cannot play retail games or run retail apps.(??)). And going back to retail requires factory reset. Maybe someone can explain this better.

I don't believe that is accurate. While resetting your Xbox will remove you from Dev mode, I'm pretty sure you can switch between retail and dev mode much easier using the Dev Mode Activation app.
(2019-01-08, 22:47)Hamsterkill Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-01-08, 16:24)bo1e Wrote: [ -> ] I'm reading that developer mode is accompanied by some major restrictions on regular use (In Developer Mode, you can develop software for the console, but you cannot play retail games or run retail apps.(??)). And going back to retail requires factory reset. Maybe someone can explain this better.
I don't believe that is accurate. While resetting your Xbox will remove you from Dev mode, I'm pretty sure you can switch between retail and dev mode much easier using the Dev Mode Activation app.  
Correct, use the app.  It works perfectly, no factory reset involved.  It does cost $19 to be able to use xbox in developer mode, start there, then move on to the games.  Lots of info online on how to do this from start to finish.  Not going to post any links, not sure how that would fly around here...