Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie menu items by source?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey, 

First off, thanks for a brilliant skin!

I do apologize if the answer to this is on the forum already, but I've had no luck with my search terms.

Since we have kids at home, I usually have grown up movies under the "Movies" menu item, and kids movies under "Kids movies" menu item. All movies are separated by source, our movies is in one place and the kids movies in another. 
I've tried and tried to get this to work with Rapier, but I'm at a loss. 
Any assistance would be very appreciated!

Regards Alex
Hi @Alex.L

Section 4.3 should help... https://kodi.wiki/view/Custom_home_items
Hi Alex.

Thanks for the kind words and support.

Follow this guide to create custom home menu categories: https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Rapier#Cre...m_category

And this guide to create custom submenus for your categories: https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Rapier#Add...g_submenus

You can use smart playlists or custom library nodes for both.
(2019-01-08, 11:31)Gade Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Alex.

Thanks for the kind words and support.

Follow this guide to create custom home menu categories: https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Rapier#Cre...m_category

And this guide to create custom submenus for your categories: https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Rapier#Add...g_submenus

You can use smart playlists or custom library nodes for both.
Thank you so much for quick reply!

I can get them listed under a custom menu item now, I'm still a bit unsure about custom video nodes though. 
I added a new node called Kids Movies, with a rule which point to my source. But I can't get it to show up in preset path under custom menu items. I'm guessing I've made a silly error somewhere, I'll continue trying Smile
And I must be blind because I can't find an edit button on my posts above...

Another problem I'm having is that on my movies (kids movies), I only get a folder image when selecting them. But when clicking movie, it enters the folder and shows the movie poster. It feels like I'm still in some kind off files view. It doesn't matter which view I choose (list, posters aso).
(2019-01-08, 16:03)Alex.L Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you so much for quick reply!

I can get them listed under a custom menu item now, I'm still a bit unsure about custom video nodes though. 
I added a new node called Kids Movies, with a rule which point to my source. But I can't get it to show up in preset path under custom menu items. I'm guessing I've made a silly error somewhere, I'll continue trying Smile

I'm only on my phone right now.
But the easiest way I can think of, is to save your new custom node as a favourite and add that favourite as a custom category.
(2019-01-08, 23:34)Gade Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-01-08, 16:03)Alex.L Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you so much for quick reply!

I'm only on my phone right now.
But the easiest way I can think of, is to save your new custom node as a favourite and add that favourite as a custom category.
Thank you Gade!
I will try that asap.
(2019-01-08, 16:11)Alex.L Wrote: [ -> ]And I must be blind because I can't find an edit button on my posts above...

You get that option after a certain amount of posts.

(2019-01-08, 16:11)Alex.L Wrote: [ -> ]Another problem I'm having is that on my movies (kids movies), I only get a folder image when selecting them. But when clicking movie, it enters the folder and shows the movie poster. It feels like I'm still in some kind off files view. It doesn't matter which view I choose (list, posters aso).

If you haven't done so, set the content of your smart playlist or library node as movies.
Scan the movies to your library.
(2019-01-09, 10:15)Gade Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-01-08, 16:11)Alex.L Wrote: [ -> ]And I must be blind because I can't find an edit button on my posts above...

You get that option after a certain amount of posts.
(2019-01-08, 16:11)Alex.L Wrote: [ -> ]Another problem I'm having is that on my movies (kids movies), I only get a folder image when selecting them. But when clicking movie, it enters the folder and shows the movie poster. It feels like I'm still in some kind off files view. It doesn't matter which view I choose (list, posters aso).

If you haven't done so, set the content of your smart playlist or library node as movies.
Scan the movies to your library. 
 Thank you again Gade!

I apologize for being a bit slow sometimes.
I have now purged Kodi in an attempt to rule out corruption. But I still can't get smart playlist to work, they're always empty (the only rule I specify is path, with name and that it contains movies). 
When creating new custom video nodes, I can't get the custom shortcuts to show the movies either. It only displays the custom node editor addon, weather I point the menu item to a rule, node or parent node.
I'm guessing I'm just making a silly user error somewhere along, but I'm slowly ripping my hair trying to test all possible ways.
Continuing...

Just realized that everything might have to do with that I have every movie in it's own folder. like this: /home/<user>/kodi/Movies/<movie name+year>/<movie name><ext>
I have specified that every movie is in its own folder with the movie name when importing into the library.
(2019-01-09, 14:26)Alex.L Wrote: [ -> ]But I still can't get smart playlist to work, they're always empty (the only rule I specify is path
Might help if you post a screenshot of the Smart Playlist settings, or the code from the xml file if you know where that is.
(2019-01-09, 21:40)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-01-09, 14:26)Alex.L Wrote: [ -> ]But I still can't get smart playlist to work, they're always empty (the only rule I specify is path
Might help if you post a screenshot of the Smart Playlist settings, or the code from the xml file if you know where that is.      

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Barnfilmer</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="path" operator="is">
        <value>/home/media/500/_barnkodi/Movies/</value>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>

Thanks Karellen.
@Alex.L

One of the little playlist quirks has caught you out. Change the rule from is to contains.
(2019-01-10, 10:22)Alex.L Wrote: [ -> ]
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Barnfilmer</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="path" operator="is">
        <value>/home/media/500/_barnkodi/Movies/</value>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>

That won't work - you're specifying an exact path that won't match any file.
Try changing to <rule field="path" operator="startswith">
Oh, thank you so much guys(girls) [emoji4]
Pages: 1 2