Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Tv screen blinking while streaming 1080p
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all and happy new year!

I would like to ask for an issue i have been facing for sometime now in kodi krypton

Im running kodi on nvidia shield on a 4k tv

The issue is when i change kodi resolution to 1080p i get screen blinking like tearing for a second. A good example is when watching a movie of an hour and a half this can happen 3 times during the movie. If i watch anime i get like a flicker/glitch while streaming. Now the weird thing is that if i switch kodi resolution to 4k non of this happens and i would like to know is there a reason why? I have adjust display on start stop delay 3 secs and hw acceleration enabled. Surface is disabled

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated

Thank You
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Ok will try to do so later on. Hopefully is something that gets recorder on the log itself. Also out of experience can anyone advice what might be the issue?

Thank You