Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sudden volume increase
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running the following configuration:

LibreELEC 8.2.5
Kodi 17.6
Git: a9a7a20
CPU:  AMD AG-6400K
Gigabyte motherboard

Recently the audio, regardless of input source (OTA TV via tuner card in PC, recorded video, add-on channel) will suddenly have a big spike in volume.  Sometimes this volume increase will hold steady and sometimes it pulses, alternating at about one second intervals between normal and extremely loud.  Stopping and restarting the playback medium fixes it until the next time.  Worked fine for ages with the same configuration.  No pattern of occurrence that I can detect.

I have a Vizio sound bar connected directly to the PC via a Toslink cable.

Any thoughts on root cause?  Problem with integrated sound card on MB?  

Thanks!
17.6 was not changed for a very long time - more than  one year to be exact. Might be worth asking the LibreELEC guys if something was patched into kodi recently.
Will do.  Thanks.
LibreELEC 8.2.5 wasn't modified for a long time as well, AFAIK. There have been a few MRs but 8.2.5 was the last released version.
Could it be a hardware issue?
It’s possible, but not likely i would say.

I am running coreelec (8.95.x) and i also have experienced sudden huge spikes in sound levels. For me, it seems to only happen right after kodi restarts.

Pretty...not amusing @02:00 am :-(

Anyway, i was planning to investigate but the issue has not occurred with the latest release yet.

I remember i was suspecting it had something to do with CEC (do you use cec?) because when it happened kodi seemed to recognise the cec connections differently (‘tv-sound connected’ instead of: ‘tv-connected’).

If and when this returns i will get back to it. Has not happened after updating to 8.95.7+

Saw some notice about reverted cec changes in this release, but at this point i cannot be sure there is a relation. So, ‘just saying’ Wink