Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 18 Backup Solution?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey All,

Is anyone able to detail a reliable backup solution for Kodi Leia? I have tried using the Backup addon in Kodi Repo as well as several others that all worked well on Krypton 17.6 but all of them indicate the same issue with writing to removable media (may not be writable). I have tried backing up to both SD cards and USB sticks. Any guidance will be appreciated! Cheers.
I use Backup addon to internal storage and when I wanted to save the backup externally I copied it to a PC using ES File Explorer in the android box (select Tools->Remote Manager) and from the pc connecting by ftp to the ip:port that ES File Explorer tells us.

It will not be the best way, but it works for me.

Regards.
What exactly do you want backed up?

If it is just the library, then you could use Import-export library (wiki)
I've the same problem - I've used the Backup add-on available in the default repository however it has given me issues when trying to export it on Kodi 18.

What I'm trying to backup/restore between devices are the repositories and addons - device platforms running Kodi are Android and Raspberry Pi.
I want to backup the KODI library (running on an Android Skyworth Binge TV box) to a USB drive using methods described in Import-export library.

But for some strange reason, it will not all me to export a "Single file" backup to a USB drive, and gives me an error dialog "Make sure the selected folder is writable and that the new folder name is valid" as show in this screenshot.

I can also not create any new folders on the USB stick (which has been formatted on Windows 10 using all device defaults as FAT32).

I have created a temporary workaround for myself to export the KODI library by exporting to a network share, but this seems to crash KODI itself at times, even before the export is complete.
(2019-02-10, 08:02)Dzomlija Wrote: [ -> ]Do you hear, huh?
Please be a little less conspicuous in promoting your life's motto. Putting it in your post AND your signature is simply overkill.
(2019-02-10, 08:10)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-10, 08:02)Dzomlija Wrote: [ -> ]Do you hear, huh?
Please be a little less conspicuous in promoting your life's motto. Putting it in your post AND your signature is simply overkill.  
Sorry about that Sad
I'm both new to KODI and to these forums and how they work. I only figured out how to automatically add my signature to a post (including older ones) after I posted this one about backups.