Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: IPTV Simple Client does not play channels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

Please forgive the newbie post. I configured the Simple client as per the service provider instructions. The channels load up, but when I try to view a channel, the channels appears to try to play- I see the name of the channel and the play symbol on top briefly but something stops it from playing.

Can someone guide me as to what to check (troubleshoot) what may be causing the channels not to play. I am running Kodi 18 RC5 (Had the same problem on Krypton) on Windows 10 host. Connection via VPN. If turn off the VPN, reboot host, modem and router, the channels still do not play. I will post the log later as I am starting my shift!

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Ed
Post the log first

Be aware that if those channels might contain non-legit content (in means, the provider has no right to provide them), we can't help you anyway

Also please read: VPN_policy (wiki)
Thank you DaVu. All noted. I will post the log as soon as I am able too!
Hi there

Here is the log, hopefully someone can help me with why I can't play any channels:

@Karellen-Log removed

Any help would be most appreciated.

Ed
A few mistakes...

1. We do not accept logs in the forum. Read the red text above the Post Reply button
2. You have banned add-ons installed. Read our Forum Rules and view our example list of Banned Add-ons (wiki)

The forum moderators have determined that Banned_addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
Hi there,
My apologies for the newbie mistakes.

Will re-read the wikis mentioned. I tried the paste.kodi.tv to post my log, but not sure how it works.

thanks,
Ed
Use the log uploader addon from the built-in official repo.

But before doing so, ensure that and and all banned addons (wiki) and repos are removed from your system, as we offer no support for any device with such junk installed.
Hi Team Kodi,

Easiest way to start from scratch with no traces of what was installed before on a Windows host and also an Android host?

Please advise. I want to do a clean install with just the Simple IPTV client.

Thanks,
Ed
In both cases if you remove the Kodi folder (without Kodi running) that will reset everything. On the next run it will be recreated and you'll have a factory-fresh install.

You can find this folder at:

Android - Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi or sometimes /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi
Windows - %APPDATA%\kodi
Windows UWP - %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi

Note that on Android the kodi folder is hidden (the dot at the start of the folder name) so you may need to enable viewing of hidden files and folders to see it.

Also for Android just uninstalling and reinstalling Kodi is enough to reset everything as on that OS the folder is removed on uninstall (it remains on Windows).