Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Episode ratings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello guys,

I was wondering where the episode ratings for a TV series come from? I've set up my Kodi source to use TheTVDB but i can't find any ratings on TheTVDB website for any show.
I checked imDB and trakt.tv and they are obviously different. Also, sometimes, though rarely, some episodes have no rating at all, like on season 5 of The Incredible Hulk.

Can someone point out what website or database is used? (Or maybe where i can find ratings on the website of TheTVDB?)

Thanks very much for any assistance.
(2019-01-15, 07:50)Adriano de Brito Wrote: [ -> ]but i can't find any ratings on TheTVDB website for any show.
They do come from the TVDB website, but that site does not show any ratings on their web pages. That is also true for TheMovieDB.

If ratings are important to you, then you can use this add-on to download the IMDB ratings... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=316342
Thanks Karellen. You are without a doubt Numero Uno in responding to my queries. Thanks man!

It's not that the ratings are important it's just that i couldn't figure out where the "number" was coming from. Thanks for explaining that it does comes from TheTVDB but that they don't show it on the website.

I wonder what those numbers are based on if nobody can check them?

If i try the IMDb add-on, how do i refresh the whole database? Is it by editing the source and changing it to get information on ratings from IMDb rather than TheTVDB?
(2019-01-15, 08:08)Adriano de Brito Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder what those numbers are based on if nobody can check them?
If you have an account at TVDB, you have the option to rate TV Shows and episodes. Same with TheMovieDB.

(2019-01-15, 08:08)Adriano de Brito Wrote: [ -> ]If i try the IMDb add-on, how do i refresh the whole database? Is it by editing the source and changing it to get information on ratings from IMDb rather than TheTVDB?
Nope. Just install the add-on, check the settings are to your needs then run it. It will do the whole library, or you can use the context menu and update individual items. I ran it recently and approx 600 movies took 10 minutes, and almost 5000 episodes took a bit over an hour.
Ok, cool, thanks! I didn't know registered users could rate episodes or movies in the dedicated websites.

Last question regarding the add-on for IMDb. Will the refreshing of data once the add-on is setup change artwork for TV seasons or Movies?
(2019-01-15, 10:51)Adriano de Brito Wrote: [ -> ]Last question regarding the add-on for IMDb. Will the refreshing of data once the add-on is setup change artwork for TV seasons or Movies?
No, not at all.

The add-on only retrieves the IMDB ID, the IMDB Ratings and Vote Count. It will then inject these into your existing library. If you already have some IMDB ratings, it will update them to the latest rating and vote count. It does not touch anything else. Remember to enable the "Make IMDB ratings default" in the settings.
Does anyone know if its possible to get the Trakt.tv ratings for TVShows?

Its something I have always wondered as I rate each TVShow after watching but cant actually see the overall rating.
I don't use trakt @docwra, but will this do it? ... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Trakt_-_Rating_button
Sadly not, that just submits the rating.
(2019-01-15, 11:27)docwra Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know if its possible to get the Trakt.tv ratings for TVShows?

Its something I have always wondered as I rate each TVShow after watching but cant actually see the overall rating.

I would be interested in same and prefer to have rating from Trakt.
Thanks mate for clarifying.

What do you have as a setup on your Kodi? IMDb or TheTVDB?
For ratings, I recently converted to IMDB. Previously I used whatever the scraper gave me. But ratings are not that important to me.

Now that TheMovieDB has become the default scraper for TV Shows, their TV ratings are non-existent for many TV shows, so it is worth using the IMDB ratings.
Alright, thanks for the info. In other words, recently released shows are likely to be missing ratings.

I'll make the change too.
One way to change that of course is to sign up on TheMovieDB and start rating shows Big Grin
You are completely right ;-)

It would be cool to be able to rate episodes as you go through Kodi. Never thought about it. Maybe it exists already...
Pages: 1 2 3