Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Getting unscraped recorded shows to show up in TV view.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The majority of all the stuff my household watches is recorded via Freesat, which we record via TVHeadend.

We have TVHeadend to record to two different folders, which we choose when scheduling recordings - "TV" and "Movies".

Kodi is set to automatically scrape from these two folders and add them to the library as you would expect.

This works fairly well, for the most-part, but we have started to notice a growing number of recordings that never show up in the TV or Movie folder at all - it is mainly TV programmes that have this problem.

This is not the end of the world - you can just access them from the TVHeadend recording folder, but then this starts to cause a conflict between the two.

It would be so much nice to only ever watch from the TV section (where all my recordings are), where all my media is together.

I was just wondering how other dealt with this or whether I am being a bit anal with it.

One potential option might be to show video files that cannot be scraped - I could at least see that they are there and either watch them, based upon the file name, or change the file name so that it is correctly scraped by TVDB.  Is this an option?
Another potential option might be to automatically create a .nfo file for each recording, based purely on the file name - is there such a program that automatically do this?