Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Possible to Switch Between Two Installed Versions of Kodi on Same Device
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just posted to this forum with problem of Video Not Showing in Picture Slideshow - Audio Only, Black Screen on Video ( https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=339527 ).

Slideshow only works properly in Kodi Jarvis 16.1, and I want to use that version for home photos and videos, but would also like to use the latest stable version of Kodi (Kypton 17.6) for all other uses.

Is it possible to have two different versions of Kodi (16.1 Jarvis and 17.6 Krypton) installed on same device and be able to switch between them depending on which install want to use at that time?

I searched this topic to no avail. Apologies if I missed an applicable thread.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
Not on Android, at least not without compiling one of then yourself and changing the package name. All versions of Kodi share the same package name, which means that they will overwrite one another (individual apps have to have individual names).

What you could do is look at something like SPMC for one of them. It's a (now non-developed) fork of Kodi but has its own ID and can be installed in parallel.
Thanks for the suggestion DarrenHill. I will give that a try. If they have the equivalent version to Jarvis 16.1 in SPMC, it might allow for proper picture slide show viewing including videos and then use the current Kodi release for everything else. I'll give it a try. Sounds like could be a great suggestion. Thanks.
PS Would you have any suggestions where I might find older versions of SPMC that would include the Jarvis equivalent?