Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PVR - use backend channel numbers when multiple tv clients are enabled
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have configured 2 tv clients: tvheadend and simple iptv addon. Channels got from tvheadend have numbers 1-28, numbers from simple iptv start from 50.

When only single addon is enabled (hts only or simple iptv only), I can go to Kodi settings (Settings->tv) and enable option to force using channel numbers from server and it works. However, if I enable both hts and simple iptv tv addon, option to use channel numbers from backend is not available anymore and channel numbers are duplicated.

Is it bug or feature? Any workaround?
That's a feature, and I don't know of any work around.  It prevents channel collision, and while I know in your case there is none I suspect in most other cases there would be a channel conflict that would require more work to resolve.
What do you mean? I set numbers to avoid collision, but Kodi keeps numbering each backend from 1. So, Kodi generates channels collisions. Don't you feel this feature needs to be reconsidered?

Either numbering should be fixed to prevent collisions (multiple channels with the same numbers) or bring back option to allow user to set numbers. Currently, kodi assigns numbers from 1 for each backend, so collisions will always be there.
(2019-01-20, 12:06)giaur Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean? I set numbers to avoid collision, but Kodi keeps numbering each backend from 1. So, Kodi generates channels collisions. Don't you feel this feature needs to be reconsidered?

Either numbering should be fixed to prevent collisions (multiple channels with the same numbers) or bring back option to allow user to set numbers. Currently, kodi assigns numbers from 1 for each backend, so collisions will always be there.

Show me screen shots of that Kodi generated collisions, please. Should not happen, otherwise it is a bug.

Have you messed around with Kodi's channel manager, which is known to be buggy and to allow any kind of nonsense? If you did, go to Kodi TV settings, choose "clear data", restart Kodi and report back whether this made a difference.
Look at pic: https://i.imgur.com/qpab0IB.jpg

Nothing messed with channel manager. It's default after configuring tv from scratch. "TVP1 HD" is from hts addon, "13 Ulica HD" from simple iptv addon. Kodi starts numbering always from 1 for each backend and generates collisions.

Btw. Sometimes numbering changes itself after reboot, sometimes I am even getting channel numbers as they are set on backends, but it's very rare. Most of time, numbering always starts from 1 and there are collisions.
What happens after clearing all pvr data in Kodi settings?
Confirming the issue. Will see if I can find a fix.
Ok thx