Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video post processing filter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Kodi team,
i really miss a feature to use a specific filter for the video player post processing function. Current only a soften filter for decreasing sharpen and artefacts for low video bitrates is used when active. I would like to use a filter like sharpen complex 2a for example. Other media player uses for that xml files.
Thanks in advance for looking into this.
(2019-01-19, 13:47)tehax Wrote: [ -> ]Other media player uses for that xml files.

What 'other' media players are you referencing? If the 'other' program is more suitable with your hardware, then the option of External players (wiki) would allow you to have your cake & eat it too. I'll have to admit it's a bit of a stretch to optimize one video player on one hand to handle low-res and on the other 4K+
For example DVB Viewer has that option for all media incl. live tv and i use it as pvr addon in Kodi. Personally i don' t like to use external player option, it is like a crap to cover limitations in Kodi. I think one filter that can be used for denoise, luma sharpen or something else will be nice feature.
@PatK 
Do you think this library is an option to get implemented? Or perhaps as an addon?
https://github.com/haasn/libplacebo