Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Windows closes Krypton on playback of 1080p file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi can someone please help, I installed Kodi Krypton v17.6 on a win10 i7 laptop with an nvida chip set.

Kodi has installed and is up and running with no issues on the laptop and I can watch files that Kodi has access to using the laptop.

The problem I have is when I connect it to the TV, whilst I can see and interact with the Kodi UI as soon as I try to watch one of the files Windows has a fit.

I then get two pop up MS windows messages the last of which, when selecting ok shuts Kodi down and I'm back on the windows desktop on the TV screen.

I'm using HDMI when connecting to the TV, but I have no idea what is going on as I have never seen this issue before when connecting a laptop up to a TV using the Windows version of Kodi to connect to a TV.

As normally if it doesn't work you can't see anything, but in this instance I'm seeing it all work ok but on playback of a 1080p file via HDMI Windows forces the closure of Kodi.

Thanks in advance
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
It's all good now I've sorted it, it was the brand new USB stick I bought causing the issues thankfully