Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Geeba Wrote:Had exatly the same problem... fresh install of XBMC and the Box still wont look at the server for movie info.... Huh just get folders untill I scan them loacally..

I've deleted the C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\XBMC folder and made XBMC do a frash scan and it seems to work now.
NitrousXBMC Wrote:moviebackdrops.com is down due to mass downloads rather than movie by move scrapes

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=215745

maybe xbmc companion should scrape these like the poster thumbs. Show a preview of the available fanart and select which you want associated with the movie.

I am thinking a lot about how Media Companion handles fanart. It does seem a bit excessive to just download all fanart for every movie.

However, if you had read the whole thread on the link you posted then you would have seen that it is not the bandwidth that is the problem, but ammount of hits.

Downloading a full fanart image or thumbnail would make no difference, both are still 1 hit. And it is the number of hits that is the problem.
My plans for the movie editor would include the ability to view all the thumbs and select your preference then download the fullsize fanart image. As you can see the number of hits would actually be more than downloading all the full size thumbs (If you count 1 hit per thumbnail, then another hit to download the fullsize fanart). In addition to this you then have the problem of people changing their minds, downloading all the thumbs again, and repeating the process.

Archigos also states that the problem seemed to be caused by several people doing a complete site rip. That would be difficult to achieve using Media Companion, unless you had every movie located on Moviebackdrops.

The small ammount of people using media companion make it unlikely that it is to blame.
run088 Wrote:2 questions.

How do you get the tv shows to show up?Is this done differently than with the movies?I get no info on the screen.

On your nfo maker the other program you designed does the musicdb feature not work it always says invalid for me.

1 - Add the TV Show(s) via the preferences screen. this will download the Main TV Show details. Save and exit the preferences. Make sure you select TV at the top and click the + button at the top. The program will then scrape the details of each individual episode for all the shows you have added.

Make sure your episodes are names using the following format:-

episode filenames must contain either
eg S01E01 for series 1 episode 1
or
01x01 for series 1 episode 1

TV Show specials are called as season 0
Look on TVDB for a tvshow specials, check the episode no for the special you have and name it as S00Exx (where xx is the episode no on TVDB)
You're right he did call attention to the fact that the hits per day were what is crashing the site. I must have read more into the line right after that, the page loads per unique visitors.

You are right that a complete site rip would be tough to accomplish with our app, but i can easily see a few hundred hits per visitor. I mean, I myself have a few hundred movies that I have used your app to scrape the movies I do have.

and the last line about the few users that use xbmc companion, is a little bit puzzling as it's only a matter of time before more people find out abut and use your super handy app.

anyhow, just trying to bring this to your attention in case you did see something simple that could help everyone. Big Grin
A couple of the tv shows I have when I run them threw the program they erase the data on the nfo and then it will say invalid nfo.The nfo files were made with your other program to begin with and work fine on the xbox if I dont add them to the xbmc companion.These shows are Martin,In Living Color,Knight Rider,and Def Comedy Jam. I have no idea if this problem is an isolated occurrence or a common bug..
run088 Wrote:A couple of the tv shows I have when I run them threw the program they erase the data on the nfo and then it will say invalid nfo.The nfo files were made with your other program to begin with and work fine on the xbox if I dont add them to the xbmc companion.These shows are Martin,In Living Color,Knight Rider,and Def Comedy Jam. I have no idea if this problem is an isolated occurrence or a common bug..

I also wanted to say thank you for both your programs they rock!This is a MUST HAVE for a big library system.I just wish I could get something like this for music and emulated games that I stream.This is by far the best organization tool I have come across and it is a really nice media ceter for the pc as well.
little problem with Desperate Housewives S3...
When grabbing the info for season3 all the episodes get the first episode info.
so now i've got 22 episodes with the name "Listen to the Rain on the Roof".
all the episodes name like this:
Desperate Housewives S03E01
Desperate Housewives S03E02

for season4 it's working fine.
run088 Wrote:A couple of the tv shows I have when I run them threw the program they erase the data on the nfo and then it will say invalid nfo.The nfo files were made with your other program to begin with and work fine on the xbox if I dont add them to the xbmc companion.These shows are Martin,In Living Color,Knight Rider,and Def Comedy Jam. I have no idea if this problem is an isolated occurrence or a common bug..

I had this problem... it will do this if there is no valid imdb ID i think, have a look inside an offending nfo and see if this number is there or missing, put the correct info there first and you should be good.

Shorty
psike Wrote:little problem with Desperate Housewives S3...
When grabbing the info for season3 all the episodes get the first episode info.
so now i've got 22 episodes with the name "Listen to the Rain on the Roof".
all the episodes name like this:
Desperate Housewives S03E01
Desperate Housewives S03E02

for season4 it's working fine.

I can't duplicate this, I added dummy files for Desperate Housewives and they scrape correctly.

Try deleting the bad nfo files and rescraping, and are you using the latest version (1.731)

This sounds like you are adding the tvshow.nfo files directly to the config file. The program wont let you do that.

The data exported from the XBMC is missing one essential peice of information. This is the TVDB ID.
If you add the tvshow folder via the preferences menu then the nfo is checked and you will the oppertunity to update the nfo.
The tvshow.nfo file has 2 additional tags added, the first one contains the TVDBID, the second one the IMDB ID.
eg
<id>tt0106179</id>
<tvdbid>77398</tvdbid>

Nothing else in the tvshow.nfo is altered or removed.

The IMDB ID is not needed, but it does allow actor information for the tvshow to be scraped for TV Shows, this is very useful for episodes where TVDB has very little cast information.

If you are going to add the tvshow.nfo file directly to the config file then you must at least add the <tvdbid></tvdbid> tag containing the tvdb id for the tvshow.
billyad2000.

iv noticed that when 2 episodes exisist in 1 file,

ie: Stargate SG-1 - 1x1-2 - Children of the Gods.avi

media manager only recognises it as 1 episode so the episode count added to the
tvshow.nfo is incorect

i.e 21 episodes - should be - 22 episodes

Great app by the way, makes life so much easier. i look forward to the next version
I had several multi-episode files also. I found that they created problems in quite a few places and not just in this program. The thing that I found worked best was to just split them up. It is incredibly simple. Download a program called VirtualDub, open the media file you want to split, choose Video > Direct Stream Copy, hit the little black icon at the bottom that says something like start selection if you let your mouse hover over it, drag the slider to where you want to cut the video, hit the other black icon that says something like end selection, and hit file > save as and you are done. Do the same thing to save the second half of the video.
Worked like a charm thanks.

You never did mention about the musicdb on the nfo maker of yours is that part functional?
run088 Wrote:Worked like a charm thanks.

You never did mention about the musicdb on the nfo maker of yours is that part functional?

It worked when I wrote it.

If you send me a copy of your musicdb.xml then i'll dig out the source and look into the problem your having
rudeboyx Wrote:billyad2000.

iv noticed that when 2 episodes exisist in 1 file,

ie: Stargate SG-1 - 1x1-2 - Children of the Gods.avi

media manager only recognises it as 1 episode so the episode count added to the
tvshow.nfo is incorect

i.e 21 episodes - should be - 22 episodes

Great app by the way, makes life so much easier. i look forward to the next version

This has already been brought up earlier in this thread.

I'd like very much to do something with multi-part episodes. The problem is that I have no idea how to handle them, and in such a way that the nfo files are still imported by XBMC.

Once someone gives me this information then i'll add that functionality.