Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi again.

Some more testing and i have found....
Media companion would appear to create ANSI files, and these are picked up by XBMC with or without the tag you mentioned.
Files i saved as UTF-8 (By accident) will not be picked up unless i either add the tag or save them as ANSI again.

You said that you thought the app should save them as UTF-8?
If so, i thinks it's saving ANSI and would need to be changed, and if it is changed Media Companion would need to add the tag for it to be picked up (Would it be worth putting the tag in either way? Probably not a good idea if they are ANSI?)

Or am i missing the point and it's dependant on my system somehow?

Shorty

P.S - At least it's not a bug, from reading Jmarshals post Smile
And i've found a bug, think this is a real reproducable one this time.

Scanning season one of the show 24 results in episode nfo's which are missing the </plot> tag, excluding epsiodes 16 and 24 which are ok everytime.

Cheers
another problem...

after opening this thread
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=36809

and this trac
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4823

it's seems like the problem is only when getting info with media companion.
when i downloaded the info from the thetvdb scraper built-in with XBMC it works fine getting info for the 2 episodes and link them both to the same file.
But when using media companion it return as 1 episodes and play it twice.
psike Wrote:another problem...

after opening this thread
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=36809

and this trac
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4823

it's seems like the problem is only when getting info with media companion.
when i downloaded the info from the thetvdb scraper built-in with XBMC it works fine getting info for the 2 episodes and link them both to the same file.
But when using media companion it return as 1 episodes and play it twice.

I've requested multi-episode nfo support here -

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=2...post218453

Hopefully it'll be added and then Billy can get it working for Media Companion.
I've requested multi-episode nfo support here -

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4838
ShortySco Wrote:And i've found a bug, think this is a real reproducable one this time.

Scanning season one of the show 24 results in episode nfo's which are missing the </plot> tag, excluding epsiodes 16 and 24 which are ok everytime.

Cheers

I've identified the problem, it will be fixed in the next release.
billyad2000 Wrote:I've identified the problem, it will be fixed in the next release.

Really great stuff. Nod

And if i may make some suggestions for possible future improvements.

When there is no valid IMDB number on TVDB, MC will ask if you want actor info from TVDB or not, how about a third option to enter the number manually?

There are some other tags which can be utilised by xbmc (runtime/rating in episode for example, i'm guessing maybe others too) can they be added? even if the info is not available to scrape (it is for the two mentioned) they could just be created empty?

Of course, just suggestions, ignore if they are crap Wink

Shorty
Hi again...

I'm downloading info from thetvdb in Hebrew.
New series have no Hebrew names yet so Media Companion get thier English names.
Some series get their Hebrew names over the internet but then when it get to Israel by the broadcast network they name it something else.

For Media Companion update shows names I need to delete the tvshow.nfo file and add it again to Media Companion.

Can this be automatic when scanning for new episodes or something?
psike Wrote:Hi again...

I'm downloading info from thetvdb in Hebrew.
New series have no Hebrew names yet so Media Companion get thier English names.
Some series get their Hebrew names over the internet but then when it get to Israel by the broadcast network they name it something else.

For Media Companion update shows names I need to delete the tvshow.nfo file and add it again to Media Companion.

Can this be automatic when scanning for new episodes or something?

The ability to edit and refresh tvnfo and episode nfo files is coming soon, thats the reason that there has been no updates in the last few weeks, i'm right in the middle of this.
billyad2000 Wrote:The ability to edit and refresh tvnfo and episode nfo files is coming soon, thats the reason that there has been no updates in the last few weeks, i'm right in the middle of this.

Can't wait, Thanks.
Another request:

When choosing another language the program keep going back to English in every startup.
A default language choice will be great.
Hi,

I'm pretty new to XBMC and co, but XBMC Media Companion sound great to me. I'didn't make it to scan my movie library from within XBMC.

So now I download and install XBMC Media Conpanion, scan my movie folder. It work's fine.

But now in XBMC it still consider my movie library unscanned ?? What do I have to do ?

Thank's
run your movie scraper like normal. i.e. Set Content The scraper will pick up the .tbn and .nfo files first before searching IMDB for the movie info.
First off, thanks very much for creating this app. I have one main request, and that is the already mentioned ability to add a root folder for TV Shows, and allow the program to recurse sub-directories for each show.

billyad2000 Wrote:The reason that I have the TV folders added one at a time is that I cant think of a good way to differentiate between multiple TV Shows.
It would perhaps be possible to give users the option to add a root folder, eg
C:\TV Shows\
Where each sub folder within contains a single TV Show.
The problem I have is when people then try to add a single TV Show folder. I could then have the situation where It is looking for a TV Show called "Series One"
I could add an option such as XBMC, Folder only contains a single TV Show that would work around this but what if somone has the following -
C:\TV Shows\Sci-Fi\
C:\TV Shows\Drama\
C:\TV Shows\Comedy\
etc.
To be honest, initially, it may take a while to get up to date but the shows only have to be added once.

I have a couple of suggestions:

1. If each episode has the show name in the filename (I think most naming conventions do this), then the app doesn't need to care what folder the ep is in, it can get the show name from the filename and use that for the TVDB lookup. You can make it clear to people that their files must start with the show name, so they'll know whether or not they can use this option. And if somebody uses a naming convention without the show name in the filename (or they have some files like this), they can choose not to use the root folder option, or else, use a file renaming program to prepend the show names to their files. There are even several program specialized in renaming TV episodes. I recently did some of this, and the 2 programs I preferred were Keasby - http://code.google.com/p/keasby/ and TVNamer - http://github.com/dbr/tvdb_api/wikis/tvnamer If you haven't already seen these programs, it might be worth taking a look at their code. They both (I think) scrape using the tvdb_api and do a pretty good job at automating the process.

2. If you don't want to code this ability, perhaps you could allow a command line mode for XBMC Media Companion. Is that already possible? With a command line mode, I could at least write a batch file that would traverse my directory structure and pass the appropriate parameters to the app.

Whatever you decide to do, I sure hope this feature will be implemented soon.

Thanks again for the great work!

dzerovibe
Sparkz Wrote:If your open to suggestions I have one for you. XBMC currently does this so I know its possible. Alot of filenames have various things at the end that should be stripped off when searching IMDB. For example CAM, DVDSCR, R5, CD1, CD2, etc. Currently the app reads the filename and searches for the whole thing. So "Batman-CD1" rarely finds any results where as the correct search should be "Batman"

Ex: "Speed Racer-R5-CD1.avi" should become "Speed Racer"

Even if you never do anything about this, it's still an amazing program. I love it! Thanks again.

I vote for this feature, too. Quite a lot of my movies didn't scrape properly because of the cd1, etc at the end of the file. As Sparkz mentioned, XBMC evidently already has this ability, so I guess it shouldn't be too hard to implement.