Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
billyad2000 Wrote:As rudeboyx said. Media Companion and XBMC use the local thumb, and the thumbnail tag isnt really needed. It does allow you to change the thumbnail from within XBMC if you wish to.

Thx for the help. Appreciated. Any chance of an option to point the thumb entry to the local file? I've been manually altering mine to point there so there is no mistake.
Pr.Sinister Wrote:I see... So then this URLEncode Code Chart should help...

-Pr.

Thats what I needed. I'll implement it shortly.
KidKiwi Wrote:Thx for the help. Appreciated. Any chance of an option to point the thumb entry to the local file? I've been manually altering mine to point there so there is no mistake.

This is unneccesary. XBMC shouldn't make a mistake.

If a tbn file exists then XBMC uses it.
Sorry if posting in the wrong thread. But I have a XBMC Media Companion related question. I'm currently moving from file mode to library. But I'm having some problems.

1) The scrapers doesn't work since most of my movies are non american.
2) I don't want to create extensive .nfo files for all movies. Only a few.

Would it be possible to auto-generate .nfo files for all my movies, so that each movie that doesnt have a .nfo file gets a .nfo with only this info

Quote:<movie><title>folder or/and filename here</title></movie>

That way I can use the XBMC Media Companion only on those movies that I want to have extended information.

So, in other words. What I want to avoid is to manually create .nfo files for all of my movies.

My system automatically downloads new movies all the time and put them on my NAS, which is available to XBMC. So basically, what I need is a shell script that I can put in cron to run every five minutes and that will automatically create .nfo with the most basic information based on folders/filenames. Has anyone done something similar?
Another, more XBMC Movie Companion, related question. Would it be possible to strip out information from the file/folder name when querying IMDB?

All my folders look like this "Everyones.Hero.DVDRip.XviD-LMG". It would be great if some of the information could be stripped out. Another example "Little.Miss.Sunshine.DVDRip.XviD-DiAMOND".

I suggest (\.(DVDRip|DVDScr)) and (\.XviD-[a-zA-Z]+) and (\.(Final|iNTERNAL|PROPER|WS)) should be stripped out using regular expressions.
markiz Wrote:Another, more XBMC Movie Companion, related question. Would it be possible to strip out information from the file/folder name when querying IMDB?

All my folders look like this "Everyones.Hero.DVDRip.XviD-LMG". It would be great if some of the information could be stripped out. Another example "Little.Miss.Sunshine.DVDRip.XviD-DiAMOND".

I suggest (\.(DVDRip|DVDScr)) and (\.XviD-[a-zA-Z]+) and (\.(Final|iNTERNAL|PROPER|WS)) should be stripped out using regular expressions.

Would this be possible? everyone names their movies differently.
Without sounding rude, is your naming not a bit excessive. XBMC and most other providers recommend just naming the movie "moviename (year)" that way without .nfo files you have more chance of scraping a match. Perhaps an easier naming approach and keeping the other details in a .txt file or even in the nfo file would be a better soultion. You could write a script to populate the folder data into a file. Or even keep a spreadsheet of the detials.

Whatever your current "media-center" software if you ever change it or add additional kit which does not use .nfo files the system will never identify the movies (with your folder names) if it has the ability to scrape IMDB.

Just a thought.
I didn't name those folders. They are standardized. I cannot rename my folders since I share them using bittorrent.
Ah, sorry.

Was not aware of that. Is there any way you could create aliases for the folder names and have Media Companion use those.
chippie Wrote:Ah, sorry.

Was not aware of that. Is there any way you could create aliases for the folder names and have Media Companion use those.

Sure. But I was hoping that the Media Companion should work a little more like the XBMC Regular Expression Importer Filter. It automatically filters out the correct data before searching on IMDB.
markiz Wrote:Sure. But I was hoping that the Media Companion should work a little more like the XBMC Regular Expression Importer Filter. It automatically filters out the correct data before searching on IMDB.

Next release -

Sparkz Wrote:If your open to suggestions I have one for you. XBMC currently does this so I know its possible. Alot of filenames have various things at the end that should be stripped off when searching IMDB. For example CAM, DVDSCR, R5, CD1, CD2, etc. Currently the app reads the filename and searches for the whole thing. So "Batman-CD1" rarely finds any results where as the correct search should be "Batman"

Ex: "Speed Racer-R5-CD1.avi" should become "Speed Racer"

Even if you never do anything about this, it's still an amazing program. I love it! Thanks again.

billyad2000 Wrote:I've just added this ability, filenames should have most of the crap removed from the next version.
I really like this app, it's work perfect.
But now I'm using new scrapper that download the movies info in my language.
However this scrapper don't download fanarts.
Will it be possible to use Media Companion to download fanarts but without making NFO file?
psike Wrote:I really like this app, it's work perfect.
But now I'm using new scrapper that download the movies info in my language.
However this scrapper don't download fanarts.
Will it be possible to use Media Companion to download fanarts but without making NFO file?

The current site used is down but when/if there's a new source available, and Billy adds it to MC, then you just select 'Scan all movies for new fanart'.
Hitcher Wrote:The current site used is down but when/if there's a new source available, and Billy adds it to MC, then you just select 'Scan all movies for new fanart'.

But without the creating the nfo file first, i don't think media companion can get the fanart. Am I wrong?
I didn't really want to do until the TV Show editor was ready, but I'm posting an intermediate update.

The main reason for this is that I noticed that the IMDB scraper was no longer getting Rating and Votes.

I also think I've fixed the vast majority of issues people were having since the last release.

Fanart is fixed aswell, although it will only download 1 image per Movie

I'll do a full list at a later time, I haven't got time at the moment.

I will not make this an official update until it's been verified as (mostly) bug free Smile.

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-76007a04.html
Hi Billy et all.

I love the idea of this program but for the life of me can't get it to run for me. It seems to be unable to connect to the ole intertubes. I have no problem connecting through any other app (Like the browser I'm currently typing in) and also tried disabling my software firewall to see if that was blocking it for some reason.

When I try to do a scrape of a folder I get the following:

Filename & path = F:\Videos\DIVX\Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.nfo
Scanning IMDB For Lock Syock and Two Smoking Barrels
imdb ID is
Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
IMDB returned no results, Empty nfo saved
Use the editor to change movie and manually find

It' goes through every file in the folder with the same results. Then if I try to do a manual search with the editor I get: Navigation to the webpage was canceled

Anyone else come across anything like this?