Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i encounter the following problem.. when scraping my movies it keeps maken double entery's for multi-cd movies.

example: movie-a and movie-b / movie-disc1 and movie-disc2.

There will be created .nfo files for both of them, and the fanart is being named movie-a-fanart.jpg .. this is not supported by XBMC.

XBMC stacks the movie and see's movie.avi as name, not movie-a.

Is there a way to fix this?
This is a pretty awesome app, thank you for your efforts.

I got the below error when trying to scan folders for movies (1 local and 3 network shares)... until I updated to the 1.816 linked a few posts earlier.

So it seems to be fixed, but I just post it in case there is anything of further use.

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: length
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.InvokeMethod(Method TargetProcedure, Object[] Arguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags Flags)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
   at XBMC_Media_Companion.Form1.getid()
   at XBMC_Media_Companion.Form1.scanfornewmovies()
   at XBMC_Media_Companion.Form1.TsBtnScanNewMedia_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1434 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
XBMC Media Companion 1.8
    Assembly Version: 1.8.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.8.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Program%20Files%20X32/XBMC%20Media%20Companion%201.8/XBMC%20Media%20Companion%201.8.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.1434 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Version 1.818 is available

IMDB Scraper was not scraping trailer url fixed

filenames now supports year in square brackets eg[1980]
Thanks for all the updates lately billyad2000. This app is amazing. This may have been suggested before but how about a button to point to fanart? You could either enter a url or filepath that would then get stored as moviename-fanart.jpg. Similar to the way posters work. The only thing to consider is that if the file is a bmp you can't just rename it to a .jpg or the result is a horrible looking .jpg. Cheers.
I was wondering what your thoughts would be as far as having this app (optionally) rename/re-org the files into consistent xbmc compatible names (along with the associated nfo and thumbs etc).

If this functionality is already in place, I must have missed it.
It was a suggested feature a while back on this thread. He considered adding it, but I think he has more features than he can finish at the moment so it is "on the list" so to speak.
mnk6 Wrote:It was a suggested feature a while back on this thread. He considered adding it, but I think he has more features than he can finish at the moment so it is "on the list" so to speak.

Exactly right
Just 1 issue I can see with the latest version 1.818, when I select search for duplicates from the file menu, I cannot close the resulting report page.

Cheers, great program much appreciated since I have 2 xboxes sharing videos off of one SMB drive and this makes the library process a breeze!

Stormy.
This app is genius once you figure it out! (Im a n00b to nfo files and how xbmc deals with them)
Ok, now im stuck... How exactly am I supposed to name my files? I have them organized like this Heroes->names of files.avi are the names supposed to be like "Heroes S01E18.avi" or like "Episode 18's name.avi"? because neither works... with the S01E18 it thought it was a file broken into parts, and with the name no season or episode info is showing up...
CASHMON3Y Wrote:Ok, now im stuck... How exactly am I supposed to name my files? I have them organized like this Heroes->names of files.avi are the names supposed to be like "Heroes S01E18.avi" or like "Episode 18's name.avi"? because neither works... with the S01E18 it thought it was a file broken into parts, and with the name no season or episode info is showing up...

Im using "tvshow name s01e18.avi". Works like a charm. Are you using the tvdb to scan or imdb. You can change this in settings.
harryzimm Wrote:Im using "tvshow name s01e18.avi". Works like a charm. Are you using the tvdb to scan or imdb. You can change this in settings.
So now I have to rename them all back again... I was using TVDB. So currently my filename for episode 18 is "Parasite.avi" now it needs to be "Parasite s01e18.avi"?
Yes it worked!!!
Triple post...
When I go to my folder in Aeon, it cant support library and none of the episodes have any info. Why is XBMC so confusing?!?! In the movie companion everything is set up perfect, but it seems xbmc doesnt see the nfo's.
CASHMON3Y Wrote:Triple post...
When I go to my folder in Aeon, it cant support library and none of the episodes have any info. Why is XBMC so confusing?!?! In the movie companion everything is set up perfect, but it seems xbmc doesnt see the nfo's.

you have to set content on your tv shows folder and choose tvshows then run automatic scan. After that library mode will be available. I recomend setting the library up in project mayhem III then switch back to aeon.What platform are you using?