Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
micster Wrote:There are other programs out there that can organize your music very well, I don't really think this would be worth Billy2000's time.
Organizing the music is not really my goal here. What I was hoping for was the same as RWPARRIS2 said in his post. I really like the ability of this program to create nfo files with the movie information and get artwork. I wanted that same thing for music with nfo files for albums as well as artist/band info. And lastly to add an artist/band .jpg. I did see that he has a program on his site that will grab the info from an exported musicdb.xml created by XBMC but that downloads .tbn and I'd prefer the .jpg. But that just may have to suffice.

micster Wrote:I then follow this up with a second program and my favorite media player, "Media Monkey" to get all of the album, lyrics, and genre information and embed it into the song file. With Media Monkey there's nothing you can't do as long as you add the right plugins. Let me know if you need more information.
I have recently discovered Media Monkey, it is great and I am using it for the album art and tagging but I haven't seen a script for getting artist info and picture which is what I'm after.

micster Wrote:Let me know if you need more information.

I am not trying to turn this thread into a Media Monkey topic but if you know of a script that will do that please let me know.
For those of you interested in custom genres, you might want to check the following link until billy comes up with something better: http://billyad2000.darkbb.com/feature-re...nt-t44.htm
Alright, I'm after some help from you guys & girls...

I can't seem to get XBMC to recognise the episodes of Arrested Development. I have two xboxs with different versions of XBMC. The main one has BETA1 running at the moment. Neither of these will show this TV Shows episodes however it will list the actual title in the library & it works fine in media companion.

Can I get a few of you to create a dummy avi file, scrape it using Media Companion & see if your Xbox works?

In my TV folder I have a folder called Arrested Development & in that folder I have two avi's. S01E01.avi & S01E02.avi.

I have tried cleaning the library, updating the libray, removing my TV folder from the library & deleting all relavent data & then reenabling my TV folder again...

Anyway I'd appreciate any ideas why its not working properly for me.

P.S. I have a second issue to with Merlin. Every time I update my Library on XBMC I get the last episode added again, so if I have 1 episode I end up with two & if I update again I end up with 3...all icons point to the same episode....any ideas on thsi one?

P.S.S my other 20 or so shows work fine.

Cheers
StormyKnight
this software works wonderfully for movies. As for the people who want to ta music, not to be off topic, just use tag & rename.
Are there any plans to make this possibly platform independent such as web-based? I think both linux and mac users would be interested in this. If not I might attempt it myself.

JKing
i'd like to see the TV shows listed alphabetically. right now i think they're listed in the order that you add the folders.
jking2100 Wrote:Are there any plans to make this possibly platform independent such as web-based? I think both linux and mac users would be interested in this. If not I might attempt it myself.

JKing
This is not going to happen in the near future. I am using this program to learn VB.net and after that I think the next logical step would be to look at C#. When I have mastered these I will start looking at cross-platform languages such as Java, this will likely be quite a way into the future.
I'm not sure if it got lost but I didn't see a response so I'll ask again - can you please make XBMC Media Companion add the XML UTF-8 declaration at the top of the files it creates? The <xml> tag at the top with the UTF-8 declaration in it makes it so that XBMC will display special characters properly, without that declaration XBMC garbles the special characters.
with version 1.827, when i start it, it loads but then goes into the background and doesn't come up on the taskbar unless i alt-tab to it.
midgetspy Wrote:I'm not sure if it got lost but I didn't see a response so I'll ask again - can you please make XBMC Media Companion add the XML UTF-8 declaration at the top of the files it creates? The <xml> tag at the top with the UTF-8 declaration in it makes it so that XBMC will display special characters properly, without that declaration XBMC garbles the special characters.

Ah ha... That's why my Æon Flux title wasn't working anymore...
midgetspy Wrote:I'm not sure if it got lost but I didn't see a response so I'll ask again - can you please make XBMC Media Companion add the XML UTF-8 declaration at the top of the files it creates? The <xml> tag at the top with the UTF-8 declaration in it makes it so that XBMC will display special characters properly, without that declaration XBMC garbles the special characters.
To be honest I forgot all about it. I'll include it in the next release.

This single thread is too big. I would much prefer that If you have a problem or feature request that you use the Media Companion Forums.

http://billyad2000.darkbb.com/
i didn't even realize you had forums.
flipped cracker Wrote:i didn't even realize you had forums.

I created the forums a couple of weeks ago. This thread has become too big to be useful.

I've added the forum url to my sig.
billy - any chance of adding a "Bluray" tag or HD logo. So we can sort them from within xbmc

I currently just added [Blu-ray] as a custom genre tag, but had to do them all manually.
Hi

Great program. One question though. Out of library mode all the info is present but how do I get it into XBMC video library without XBMC trying to scan it all again?