Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
aajpeel Wrote:Hi

Great program. One question though. Out of library mode all the info is present but how do I get it into XBMC video library without XBMC trying to scan it all again?

You need to select the movie in XBMC and select refresh from the context menu. This will force XBMC to rescrape the information from the nfo file.
Swwethip1 Wrote:billy - any chance of adding a "Bluray" tag or HD logo. So we can sort them from within xbmc

I currently just added [Blu-ray] as a custom genre tag, but had to do them all manually.

One of the suggestions I have been looking at is to allow people to choose genre based on the folder hierarchy.

eg c:\movies\Blu-Ray\Movie1 etc

Would cause the genre to be blu ray. The only problem is that there would be no further genre options. An additional tag containing this information would be more helpful, maybe you could do a feature request.
Just to say nice one on the latest release billy. fixed that program exit bug a treat, and a vast addition of options. It just keeps getting better and better. Its started feeling more like a well rounded professional app.

great work Big GrinLaughWinkBig GrinLaughWink
billyad2000 Wrote:One of the suggestions I have been looking at is to allow people to choose genre based on the folder hierarchy.

eg c:\movies\Blu-Ray\Movie1 etc

Would cause the genre to be blu ray. The only problem is that there would be no further genre options. An additional tag containing this information would be more helpful, maybe you could do a feature request.

I think you can have multiple genres like (off the top of my head)
Code:
[genre]Action / Adventure / Comedy[/genre]
Couldn't you append the directory based one to this, and have the best of both worlds?

Rob
Can you add an option to scape non-wide screen thumb for TV shows?
currently it default to wide version for folder.jpg file

Thanks and nice piece of software save me lot of time and hassle
New Release Version 9.11

The bug causing the program to exit has been fixed.

Users can add Any ammount of TV Show folders at a time, they can choose to select a single TV Show folder or a Root Folder containing multiple TV Show Folders.
For adding a Root the folder layout will have to be as follows :-
Root/TV Show 1/
Root/TV Show 2/
Root/TV Show 3/ etc.

After all the shows are added, if no tvshow.nfo is available or if the tvshow.nfo does not contain a TVDBID then they will be able to quickly browse through the tv shows and scrape the basic nfo information. This is very quick and takes up little time. The user can skip any or all of the added tv shows.
After completion of the above stage the user will have the option to scrape additional information automatically. This will include Banners/Posters for the TV Show. Seasons, and any available fanarts. They can also at this point select to scrape actor information from either IMDB or TVDB.
Local season thumbs are now supported.
This information will take much longer to scrape but does not need user intervention. This can be skipped and the information scraped from the tvshow edit window.

For TV Shows that have been skipped but have an nfo file, such as one created with the nfo extract program I wrote, the user will still be able to view the TV Show and Episodes, but they will not be able to scrape any additional information without the TVDBID.

For TV Shows without an nfo file they will remain in the config, but will be not be visible in the TV Show interface.

A HTML movie list maker has been added]
great, hopefully it will not crash due to regular expressions or not finding movies.
Just wanted to say I love this program, it inspired me to start using library mode on xbmc. It's been very helpful in setting up my library. Thanks and keep up the great work.
Discovered this app yesterday and it is pretty amazing while simple.
This app will actually help XBOX-XBMC users continue maintaining their video lib's when XBMC is dumped.

One request though - can you please add the ability to pick and set the fanart for a movie like the way you did for TV shows?
Right now it will pick the first one and sometimes not even that. It will be very usefull if we can go back and manually pick and set the right one.

Thanks again!
billyad2000 Wrote:New Release Version 9.11

The bug causing the program to exit has been fixed.

Users can add Any ammount of TV Show folders at a time, they can choose to select a single TV Show folder or a Root Folder containing multiple TV Show Folders.
For adding a Root the folder layout will have to be as follows :-
Root/TV Show 1/
Root/TV Show 2/
Root/TV Show 3/ etc.

After all the shows are added, if no tvshow.nfo is available or if the tvshow.nfo does not contain a TVDBID then they will be able to quickly browse through the tv shows and scrape the basic nfo information. This is very quick and takes up little time. The user can skip any or all of the added tv shows.
After completion of the above stage the user will have the option to scrape additional information automatically. This will include Banners/Posters for the TV Show. Seasons, and any available fanarts. They can also at this point select to scrape actor information from either IMDB or TVDB.
Local season thumbs are now supported.
This information will take much longer to scrape but does not need user intervention. This can be skipped and the information scraped from the tvshow edit window.

For TV Shows that have been skipped but have an nfo file, such as one created with the nfo extract program I wrote, the user will still be able to view the TV Show and Episodes, but they will not be able to scrape any additional information without the TVDBID.

For TV Shows without an nfo file they will remain in the config, but will be not be visible in the TV Show interface.

A HTML movie list maker has been added

I'll check out and post this on your forums tomorrow, but the UTF-8 heading's still missing from the NFO files BTW. Everything else seems to work great though!
midgetspy Wrote:I'll check out and post this on your forums tomorrow, but the UTF-8 heading's still missing from the NFO files BTW. Everything else seems to work great though!

I was forced to rush this out due to the Movie Scraper error, this is one of the main features of the program after all.

There will be a new release within the next week or so that will address the UTF-8 issue, among other things.
the "system volume information" bug is back in 1.911 but only when scraping for TV shows...

BTW - this program is really great!

Oh and is there anyway to automatically scrape for fanart for movies you have already scraped? I really don't want to re-scrape because it took ages to get it right and select the thumbs i wanted.....
would like to second "cold_realms"'s request regarding a re-re-scrape of just the fanart for movies which were already scraped.

if i may, i would suggest a checkbox which would say "scrape only fanart if a proper .NFO exists".

also, can you please let us manually select the fanart like you do with TV shows? currently the movie scrape would fetch the first one and thats it.

Thanks!!!
AnonyOne Wrote:would like to second "cold_realms"'s request regarding a re-re-scrape of just the fanart for movies which were already scraped.

if i may, i would suggest a checkbox which would say "scrape only fanart if a proper .NFO exists".

also, can you please let us manually select the fanart like you do with TV shows? currently the movie scrape would fetch the first one and thats it.

Thanks!!!

Sounds like you want to use Menu Bar/Movie/Scan All Movies For fanart

It won't overwrite anything and it should only dl fanart for movies that don't have fanart
ahh yes, thank you... just not in an obvious place for my late night playing arounds..... thanks for the tip!

Any thoughts on the 'System volume information" tv scraper bug?