Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I overcame the 'Value cannot be null.' problem by deleting all my nfo's and letting MC make new ones. The new now contained '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>' which could be the cause of the problem.
HexusOdy Wrote:It does that already, when it has finished scraping movies it opens up a LOg file in a new window.

With the newest version, that works now, previously you had to close the log file to be able to look at the movies.
billyad2000 Wrote:Could you give me a bit more information about this error, such as exactly when are you encountering it.

When I add a Root Drive, it adds all folders within the root, but I can't duplicate the error.

It is the same error as before (Post #608 is where you announced it was fixed for the movies side) with mounted volumes on a NTFS partition mounted to an empty folder. You addressed the issue before for the movie scraper but the fix didn't get into the TV Shows scraper.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Media\TV Shows\3rd Rock from the Sun\System Volume Information' is denied.
cold_realms Wrote:It is the same error as before (Post #608 is where you announced it was fixed for the movies side) with mounted volumes on a NTFS partition mounted to an empty folder. You addressed the issue before for the movie scraper but the fix didn't get into the TV Shows scraper.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Media\TV Shows\3rd Rock from the Sun\System Volume Information' is denied.

Thanks for the info, it makes sense now, I was working on the assumption that "System Volume Information" would always be located on the root of a drive, I overlooked the fact that mounted volumes would create the system folder within a folder.

I'll see if I can sort this out for the next version.
billyad2000 Wrote:Thanks for the info, it makes sense now, I was working on the assumption that "System Volume Information" would always be located on the root of a drive, I overlooked the fact that mounted volumes would create the system folder within a folder.

I'll see if I can sort this out for the next version.

Sweet, thanks for all this
billyad2000...will you be switching the fanart scraping to themoviedb.org soon? I was reading on Meligrove.com that they are just about done moving to themoviedb.org.
PrimusZa1 Wrote:billyad2000...will you be switching the fanart scraping to themoviedb.org soon? I was reading on Meligrove.com that they are just about done moving to themoviedb.org.

From the next version.
Just curious is there a way to have all the information of a TV show put into a sub folder so that way the episodes and the information would be separate. ie.
TV Show
Bleach - Episodes
|
- Info (within this folder fan art and .nfo files would be kept).

Just curious is all.
gyrene2083 Wrote:Just curious is there a way to have all the information of a TV show put into a sub folder so that way the episodes and the information would be separate. ie.
TV Show
Bleach - Episodes
|
- Info (within this folder fan art and .nfo files would be kept).

Just curious is all.

XBMC can only see the tvshow.nfo, fanart.jpg, seasonxx.jpg and folder.jpg files from within the root of the tvshow folder.
Just so I know I am understanding, I'm still learning, XBMC can only see the files like this;

TV Show\Lost\S01E01.avi, tvshow.nfo (along with fanart.jpg, seasonxx.jpg, folder.jpg) all in the same folder?

So is it safe to say that with every episode you add to the Lost folder new art for that episode would be added to the same folder? I know it may sound silly, but wouldn't it be neater by creating another folder just for those files within the show file, in this case Lost?

Obviously I don't know what goes into the programming, and I'm grateful that this program exists, I'm just trying to keep everything as clean as possible on my hard drive.

Oh before I forget, nice app. Will you be doing one for Linux?
PrimusZa1 Wrote:billyad2000...will you be switching the fanart scraping to themoviedb.org soon? I was reading on Meligrove.com that they are just about done moving to themoviedb.org.

Along the same lines, would it be possible also to scrape the trailer (or the trailer link) from themoviedb.org. Here in China, IMDB.com works well, but imdb.com doesnt show trailers for whatever reason. Works in themoviedb.org though. I also wouldnt mind fully scraping the movies. If all this works, it would also be good to add a button "scrap new trailers" similar to the fanart functions, as otherwise, I would need to rescrap all movies. I know, quite a lot of request here. Your help is highly appreciated!!!

The Companion is awesome, thanks!!!
gyrene2083 Wrote:Just so I know I am understanding, I'm still learning, XBMC can only see the files like this;

TV Show\Lost\S01E01.avi, tvshow.nfo (along with fanart.jpg, seasonxx.jpg, folder.jpg) all in the same folder?

So is it safe to say that with every episode you add to the Lost folder new art for that episode would be added to the same folder? I know it may sound silly, but wouldn't it be neater by creating another folder just for those files within the show file, in this case Lost?

Obviously I don't know what goes into the programming, and I'm grateful that this program exists, I'm just trying to keep everything as clean as possible on my hard drive.

Oh before I forget, nice app. Will you be doing one for Linux?

It would work if someone programmed xbmc to ignore displaying any folder named info (or whatever) and then to look in there for the various files.. would be neater and a good suggestion to post on the tracker.......
Version 1.994 is now available for testing purposes.

Improvements include,

Browsing TV Shows has been optimised and should be much quicker now
Support for movies with the .VOB extensions has been added, .vob files will only be added when they are not located within a DVD Folder.
For the Full Movie Scan fanart is now obtained from themoviedb. the "scan all movies for fanart" has not been moved yet, i'm moving this onto its own thread and will be ready soon.
Movies scraped during a full movie scan are now added silently to the list as soon as they have scraped.
The TV Episode Scraper now runs on it's own thread much like the Movie Scraper, progress is displayed in the status bar, a detailed output log is displayed at completion of scan.

Bugfix - Movie Textboxes would display previous entry if current movie has blank tags.
Possible Bugfix - "System Volume Information" error in TV mode.
Various other bugfixes

Download

Mirror
When creating nfo files with media companion I noticed that the first line of each file begins with:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Is that an issue at all?
Ok the system volume information seems to be fixed...in cursory testing tho it seems to pick up

C:\Media\TV Shows\Star Trek - The Next Generation\$RECYCLE.BIN
from every show when using the "add root folder"...not a huge deal as i simply delete the reference for each show...

Thanks for all the hard work

EDIT: So after playing with it i just can't get it to see any episodes.... dunno where the problem lies but all my shows are like this \\TV Shows\(show name)\season X\ (show name)-(ep number in 101 for season 1 ep 1 format)- (episode name).avi So a assume it's a simple matter of the naming scheme..so i will look for the correct regexp to use.