Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
billyad2000 Wrote:What version are you using, the latest version is 1.995, get it from the Media Companion forum

Was using 1.994 will grab 1.995 when i get home Smile No worries... It's mainly just to try it out as I noted above I will never use the library mode so this is mainly for the skins that have file view functionality for fanart, and other fancy's.

Honestly from what I can see the fact that your wonderful program grabs the show information, fan art, and even banners if i don't have my own, is enough for me Smile The episode parsing is more of a curiosity to me rather than any true use. Hence why i was just shrugging my shoulders at it. But it would be nice to have a constantly updating list of the number of shows that I have so when it does work all the better Wink
cold_realms Wrote:Yes... yes i do. I never use library mode because it's 1) too slow with the number of files i have and 2) Not as well organized as I can do by taking the time to structure everything the way I like it Smile Perhaps i could move past (adapt to) #2 but the speed will always be the killer issue

What are you talking about speed... to scan it? Or the GUI? Looking at your sig I have more movies/shows than you and I use library mode exclusively. ?
Me three...(As above).
Perhaps it's my xbox but the view is very slow in library mode. But regardless i just don't use it.
Ok i found a use for TV scraping in my setup (switched to a media rich skin from PMIII) So now i def want to get the tv scaper to work.

Here is what i have found. The only way for it to see shows on my system is to add seperate folders for each season. Doing so allows the program to see each episode and dl the appropriate information for it. However doing it that way makes navigating my shows a pain as there is a listing for each show X the number of seasons.. Plus it takes forever to add each folder like that.
For example - Buffy the vampire Slayer is listed 7 times because it has 7 seasons. For some reason it cannot see any episodes if the root folder is selected. I have tried every combination of adding folders available, and the only one that works is by selecting the individual season folders.
When i select individual folder or root folder for the Show or the root folder for the "TV Shows" folder it sees the shows and gets all the fanart etc.. but doesn't see any episodes.
I've got Buffy in one folder and it's scans them OK for me.

TV Shows -
Buffy -
Buffy The Vampire Slayer - 01x01 - Welcome to the Hellmouth (1).avi
Buffy The Vampire Slayer - 01x02 The Harvest (2).avi

I use TVRename for all my shows.
Version 1.996

If a movie was added into a new subfolder then the moviescanner would only find it after restart

TV Episode Scraper has had several changes which I hope will fix the issues people are having, if not the episode scraper now has a full debug log that hopefully will allow me to trace the bugs.

Download
Hitcher Wrote:I've got Buffy in one folder and it's scans them OK for me.

TV Shows -
Buffy -
Buffy The Vampire Slayer - 01x01 - Welcome to the Hellmouth (1).avi
Buffy The Vampire Slayer - 01x02 The Harvest (2).avi

I use TVRename for all my shows.

My dir structure is as such

-TV Shows
--Buffy the Vampire Slayer
---Season 1
----101 (ep name.avi
----102 etc.....
---Season 2
----201 etc......

I see a new version is out...so I am going to test that and report back

*EDIT*

Tested new version.. same results, but as the new version didn't say anything about the scanning within folders i didn't expect that to be fixed just yet Smile

BTW I checked out that renamer program...cool stuff... will save me alot of time.
the renamer rules, i used it on some of my unscraped files! Smile unfortunately the 'ep 301; 302' doesn't work by default

Edit: are there any plans for music album art scraping in the future?
I just wanted to say what a great piece of software this is!
Kudos! Nod
Louike Wrote:Edit: are there any plans for music album art scraping in the future?
I second that!
cold_realms Wrote:My dir structure is as such

-TV Shows
--Buffy the Vampire Slayer
---Season 1
----101 (ep name.avi
----102 etc.....
---Season 2
----201 etc......

I see a new version is out...so I am going to test that and report back

*EDIT*

Tested new version.. same results, but as the new version didn't say anything about the scanning within folders i didn't expect that to be fixed just yet Smile

BTW I checked out that renamer program...cool stuff... will save me alot of time.

The tv episode scraper is fully recursive, all media files in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" folder and all its subfolders should be found, what are the logs saying, particularly the tvshow debug log.
billyad2000 Wrote:The tv episode scraper is fully recursive, all media files in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" folder and all its subfolders should be found, what are the logs saying, particularly the tvshow debug log.
From the log:

TV Scraper Debug Log

Starting TV Scraper

tvshow.nfo file found at :- C:\Media\TV Shows\CSI\tvshow.nfo
TV Show ID Found :- 72546
Scanning Folder :- C:\Media\TV Shows\CSI
Scanning for media files :- C:\Media\TV Shows\CSI
New Version 1.997

Fixed - A few people with TV Show Folders Mounted as Network Drives Were Still Having Issues Seeing Any Media.

Added - Support for <episodeguideurl> - this tag will be added to the tvshow.nfo file when first scraped or when edited, this tag allows XBMC to scrape missing episodes itself without needing an nfo file.

Added - Support to batch update the Votes, Rating and Top250 tags for all movies, the option is in the Drop Down Movie Menu. It runs on it's own thread and takes about 20 minutes to update this info for 1300 movies (This will depend on connection speed)

The "Scan All Movies For Fanart is now on it's own thread.

Download
cold_realms Wrote:From the log:

TV Scraper Debug Log

Starting TV Scraper

tvshow.nfo file found at :- C:\Media\TV Shows\CSI\tvshow.nfo
TV Show ID Found :- 72546
Scanning Folder :- C:\Media\TV Shows\CSI
Scanning for media files :- C:\Media\TV Shows\CSI

Please try version 1.997

Download
Same results... it will only see episodes if i added the season folder. Not the folder containing season folders.