Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You may want to update the screenshots in the first post. (It may be confusing that there is no mention of TV shows there)
quick quiestion i have (in ever movie folder) and folder.jpg which is the front cover i have imported myself and was wondering in future version (or is there already and i havnt found it) a way to make XBMCMC recognise this and set it to the default cover?
Hey billy, any plans on making a way for when the scraper fails to find a fanart to bring up a dialog box to manually import one from tmdb?

I have found at least 100 movies in my collection that do not find fanart, yet when i go there manually they have fanart available.
AaronG85 Wrote:quick quiestion i have (in ever movie folder) and folder.jpg which is the front cover i have imported myself and was wondering in future version (or is there already and i havnt found it) a way to make XBMCMC recognise this and set it to the default cover?

This is because of MC is using TMdB API version 1

I am waiting to recieve an API Key for Version 2 which doesn't have this issue, once I recieve it i'll update the program.
AaronG85 Wrote:quick quiestion i have (in ever movie folder) and folder.jpg which is the front cover i have imported myself and was wondering in future version (or is there already and i havnt found it) a way to make XBMCMC recognise this and set it to the default cover?

Good idea, i'll look into adding it at some point (for folder mode)
Thanks for a great program Smile

A couple of questions:

1. Is it possible to exclude a file from a scrape?

I have some movies with two or more movie files in the folder, which get scraped double. One time for each file. I have deleted the .nfo, .tbn etc. for one of the files but when I do an update scan, they get picked up wrong again.

An example is this one:
Y:\RAID_1TB\SD\Movies\Harsh Times\ha.tib-xvid-dvf.nfo
Y:\RAID_1TB\SD\Movies\Harsh Times\ha.tia-xvid-dvf.nfo

2. The duplicate search gives me a lot of wrong results. It looks like, that if one file consists of letters that are also present in another file, it gets counted as a duplicate?

Some results from a duplicate search:

Y:\RAID_1TB\SD\Movies\The List\nedivx-thelist.nfo
Y:\RAID_1TB\SD\Movies\Deception\deception.2008.dvdrip.xvid-amiable.nfo

Y:\RAID_1TB\HD\BDRip\Vantage Point - 1080p BDRip\Vantage.Point.2008.1080p.BluRay.DTS.x264-CtrlHD.nfo
Y:\RAID_1TB\SD\Movies\Tropic Thunder\c-tt.repack.nfo

Y:\RAID_1TB\HD\HDTV\Mission to Mars - 720p\Mission.to.Mars.2000.720p.HDTV.x264-CtrlHD.nfo
Y:\RAID_1TB\HD\HDTV\Mean Streets - 720p\Mean Streets 1973 720p AC35.1-BoK.nfo

Y:\RAID_1TB\HD\HDTV\Moulin Rouge - 720p\MOULIN ROUGE - DTHEATER - 720p DD5.1 x264 MMI.nfo
Y:\RAID_1TB\HD\HDTV\Monsters Inc. - 720p\Monsters_Inc_720p.nfo

I think a have about 100 of these results in the duplicate search !

Smile
Martin
Ayla Wrote:Thanks for a great program Smile

A couple of questions:

1. Is it possible to exclude a file from a scrape?

I have some movies with two or more movie files in the folder, which get scraped double. One time for each file. I have deleted the .nfo, .tbn etc. for one of the files but when I do an update scan, they get picked up wrong again.

An example is this one:

2. The duplicate search gives me a lot of wrong results. It looks like, that if one file consists of letters that are also present in another file, it gets counted as a duplicate?

Some results from a duplicate search:

Y:\RAID_1TB\SD\Movies\Deception\deception.2008.dvdrip.xvid-amiable.nfo

Y:\RAID_1TB\HD\BDRip\Vantage Point - 1080p BDRip\Vantage.Point.2008.1080p.BluRay.DTS.x264-CtrlHD.nfo
Y:\RAID_1TB\SD\Movies\Tropic Thunder\c-tt.repack.nfo

Y:\RAID_1TB\HD\HDTV\Mission to Mars - 720p\Mission.to.Mars.2000.720p.HDTV.x264-CtrlHD.nfo
Y:\RAID_1TB\HD\HDTV\Mean Streets - 720p\Mean Streets 1973 720p AC35.1-BoK.nfo

Y:\RAID_1TB\HD\HDTV\Moulin Rouge - 720p\MOULIN ROUGE - DTHEATER - 720p DD5.1 x264 MMI.nfo
Y:\RAID_1TB\HD\HDTV\Monsters Inc. - 720p\Monsters_Inc_720p.nfo

I think a have about 100 of these results in the duplicate search !

Smile
Martin

For multi-part titles use the naming convention
Y:\RAID_1TB\SD\Movies\Harsh Times\ha.ti cd1-xvid-dvf.nfo
or any of:-
cd1
dvd 1
disk_1
part-1
pt.1 etc, there does not need to be a space before these.

As for the duplicate search, the program doesn't look for filenames, but for the scraped title. It looks like you have a lot of movies that have identical titles within the nfo files.

With your setup you should be using the use folder names option.
For almost perfect results use name the folder as follows
moviename (year)
billyad2000 Wrote:Y:\RAID_1TB\SD\Movies\Harsh Times\ha.tib-xvid-dvf.nfo

For multi-part titles use the naming convention
or any of:-
cd1
dvd 1
disk_1
part-1
pt.1 etc, there does not need to be a space before these.

As for the duplicate search, the program doesn't look for filenames, but for the scraped title. It looks like you have a lot of movies that have identical titles within the nfo files.

With your setup you should be using the use folder names option.
For almost perfect results use name the folder as follows
moviename (year)

Thanks for the reply Smile

A lot of scene releases uses the naming convention with TheMoviea and TheMovieb for two file (cd) releases.

Could support for that be implemented...? I guess I'm not the only one with a lot of those names as it's used by the scene.

--

I already have the folder names option checked in the Preferences ??

So I don't know why for example:

Y:\RAID_1TB\SD\Movies\Deception\deception.2008.dvd rip.xvid-amiable.nfo

Is in the results as a duplicate title?

/Martin Smile
Hey,

I almost gave up on Media Companion because 90% of my movies are in rar archives. But found out that you can put a "dummy" nfo file in each directory and then change the movie in media companion. Thanks for that Smile

However I do have a problem, my XBMC runs on a Vista 32-bit system, my main computer is running Vista 64-bit, and my server is ubuntu server.
My problem is that Media Companion crashes all the time on my Vista 64-bit computer, isn't it compatible with 64-bit? It don't crash that often on my 32-bit, happened once or twice maybe.

Another thing I'm wondering is how is media companion supposed to look? In the screenshots in the first post it looks alot better than it does on my system.
Here is a screen of media companion on my system: http://www.urme.com/mediacompanion.jpg

It's the latest release, 1.988? I think.
i run MC on my vista x64 all the time. no issues here.
I highly recommend this software :

Based on a database that connects to allmost everymoviedatabase in the world with an excellent user interface.

http://www.antp.be/software/moviecatalog/

It have its own front program only for movies and very limited (although it works well) compared to XBMC

http://www.antp.be/software/moviecatalog/

With the following script dedicated to XMBC (to generate .tbn and .nfo)
http://update.antp.be/amc/scripts/ (nommé XBMC-nfo.ifs)

It is fast, efficient, multilanguage, multidatabase... just the right complement to XBMC
Thanx for 2.007! i really like it.
How do I start over?

I want to completely rescrape everything and start over.

I tried deleting all the folders in preferences and adding them again but it still remembers the "old" info.
Delete the .nfo files?
midgetspy Wrote:Delete the .nfo files?

One at a time?

I have a lot of movies Smile