Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ayla Wrote:One at a time?

I have a lot of movies Smile

if you are running windows you can do a search for *.nfo in the folders your movies are in or if they are in the same folder, just sort by file type, select them all and delete.
gabbott Wrote:if you are running windows you can do a search for *.nfo in the folders your movies are in or if they are in the same folder, just sort by file type, select them all and delete.

I'm on Mac (Leopard), but that's a great idea!

I can do it in VMWare Fusion (Windows) or I can do a Spotlight search in Leopard I guess.

I would be nice though, to have a "delete all .nfo's" kind of function in XBMC Media Companion. hint hint Wink
Yeah in Explorer just sort by file type and then select them all from one folder, or if they're all in sub-folders just search for *.nfo and delete them that way.

EDIT: Heh I typed this out and forgot to submit it and now that I have it's very late... lol
Hi

Awesome app. When I hit the Fanart button for some reason only one fanart will appear even after waiting sometime. I have tried it on movies where I know there are multiple fanarts too.

Thanks
Version 2.007

New Feature, Fanart selection for movies is now enabled and working for movies, select the fanart button in the movie edit page to view this.

Improvements :- Multiple items can be selected and deleted from the movie and tv directory listings
Improvements :- movie scraper has been optimised, scraping a single movie from IMDB is much faster, this can be seen most obviously in the rescrape movie action
Improvements :- TMdB.org fanart scrapers are now all using API2, for those who were finding a lot of movies with fanart on TBdB but not getting it, this should be fixed now

Bugfix :- Exception when selecting "Open Folder" with no movie selected fixed
Bugfix :- Exception when selecting "Play Movie" with no movie selected fixed
Bugfix :- Error when entering preferences screen changing selected forground colours
Bugfix :- folder.jpg not created during main movie scan, when enabled in preferences and folder mode is used.
Bugfix :- Last folder not remembered when using add root tv show folder
Bugfix :- Scraping would halt on movies with more than 300 Actors
Bugfix :- On some parts of the program movie fanart would not be resized
crash123 Wrote:Hi

Awesome app. When I hit the Fanart button for some reason only one fanart will appear even after waiting sometime. I have tried it on movies where I know there are multiple fanarts too.

Thanks

Version 2.008

Just a small update

Fixed :- Fanart selection window would only load a single fanart, even if multiple fanarts are available.

A small oversite on my part, It seems that with TMdB API2 a double lookup is required to get the full fanart list. The first would look up the movie via the IMDB ID, this only returns a single fanart. A 2nd lookup then has to be done via the TVDB ID that is obtained from the first lookup, this returns the full information and includes all available fanart.

Download
iv noticed when i add a new show and i select to get acter info from imdb the actor info for the show is scraped from imdb but indevidual episodes do not recieve any actor info. would it be possible that when i select the option to scrape actor info from imdb, that it would actually do it to episodes aswell as tv show? i realize there is an option to get episode info from imdb but i want just actors from imdb like the option when adding a new show.
billyad2000

In Version 2.008, when I open the fanart window for a movie, it says "unable to Download Fanart" - no matter which picture I select and click "Select Fanart"?

(For example Blade Runner).

EDIT: strike that... After a couple of tries and closing and opening the window, it worked Smile
This is a bit of an odd request considering one of the main features of your program is to create .nfo -files.

But I would like the .nfo creation to be optional.

I currently use and prefer "File View" in XBMC, and don't really have any use for the .nfo -files. Sure one can always delete the nfo's afterwards. But I'm thinking that what if it never bothered creating them in the first place. I however absolutely love the fact that it scrapes for poster thumbnails so hopefully those two are not so interconnected so that if it doesn't create an .nfo it can't create an .tbn.

But I'm rambling, to get to the point.

Is it possible to make .nfo creation optional yet retaining the programs ability to scrape for .tbn's?

Any response is appreciated...
asphinx Wrote:This is a bit of an odd request considering one of the main features of your program is to create .nfo -files.

But I would like the .nfo creation to be optional.

I currently use and prefer "File View" in XBMC, and don't really have any use for the .nfo -files. Sure one can always delete the nfo's afterwards. But I'm thinking that what if it never bothered creating them in the first place. I however absolutely love the fact that it scrapes for poster thumbnails so hopefully those two are not so interconnected so that if it doesn't create an .nfo it can't create an .tbn.

But I'm rambling, to get to the point.

Is it possible to make .nfo creation optional yet retaining the programs ability to scrape for .tbn's?

Any response is appreciated...

Why not just leave the nfo files alone. File view still works with or w/o nfo files and they hardly take up any space.
... I however figured that depending on how media companion scrapes the information it would make the scanning process faster if it didn't have to scrape/create for .nfo -files. And my folders just look better organized without .nfo's as I don't use them anyway. Unless of course XBMC could display .nfo info without having to use "Library View". :p

But for now I am quite content removing them manually. Big Grin
spiff Wrote:http://www.xbmc.org/trac/changeset/16386
http://www.xbmc.org/trac/changeset/16387

are probably of interest to you guys

Spiff, will this break current NFO files?

Asphinx, won't the NFO files be used when you attempt to pull up info for the individual movies? Or during a scan of the movies by XBMC instead of scraping the WEBsite? That's what I'm hoping for - and running into issues Eek
BLKMGK, Yes XBMC will, as far I understand it, prioritize using .nfo -files if available before resorting to scraping the various websites that it has available. Also I belive that the .nfo -files have to be properly formatted if XBMC is to use them.
That however wasn't what I had issued with. I just wanted .nfo creation from Media Companion to the optional.
great work your doing! thanks for that!

-would it be possible to automatically add the fanart during the scraping?