Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does it load your XMBC database from %USERDATA% or %PROGRAMFILES%?
hi there,

today i gave your app a try.. as far as i can see, this is the only available option to ensure i get tv show and episodes info in german - internal scraping in xbmc sometimes lets me choose between german and english, but most of the time it only has english info available.

(as a sidenote to the programmers for different scrapers: is it hard to add some sites like serienjunkies.de or cinefacts.de to scrape from?)

anyway.. i tried internal scraping for some series, then i switched to this great app.

now on my database there is a dummy entry called 10 - dunno where it came from, it appeared after i rescanned database in xbmc to add the data media companion has created..

there is an option to delete entries when i right click on it - but it does not dissappear.

any hints?
I've got a show that I'm trying to get to automatically scan.

its tvdb page is

http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seri...2678&lid=7

So instead of a season it's a special

Doctor Who
Specials
1 : An Unearthly Child - Unaired Pilot

The log for scanning shows
Found For TV Show :- Doctor Who, Episode :-v:\television\children\doctor who\Doctor Who\Doctor Who - 1x00 - Unaired Pilot\Doctor Who - Specials 01 - An Unearthly Child - Unaired Pilot.nfo
Season :- 1
Episode :- 0
URL For Episode :- http://thetvdb.com/api/6E82FED600783400/...1/0/en.xml
Unable To Get Episode Information from TV

So what should I name specials to get them scanned?
Or what should I put for season if I make my own nfo file.
(I made 1 with specials for the season, then no shows showed up for any seasons)

Thanks,
Later,
dabone
dabone Wrote:I've got a show that I'm trying to get to automatically scan.

its tvdb page is

http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seri...2678&lid=7

So instead of a season it's a special

Doctor Who
Specials
1 : An Unearthly Child - Unaired Pilot

The log for scanning shows
Found For TV Show :- Doctor Who, Episode :-v:\television\children\doctor who\Doctor Who\Doctor Who - 1x00 - Unaired Pilot\Doctor Who - Specials 01 - An Unearthly Child - Unaired Pilot.nfo
Season :- 1
Episode :- 0
URL For Episode :- http://thetvdb.com/api/6E82FED600783400/...1/0/en.xml
Unable To Get Episode Information from TV

So what should I name specials to get them scanned?
Or what should I put for season if I make my own nfo file.
(I made 1 with specials for the season, then no shows showed up for any seasons)

Thanks,
Later,
dabone

Season 0 and then use the corresponding episode number on thetvdb.com to get it to scan. So in your case, it would be season 0, episode 1
StormyKnight Wrote:I read the above post & thought perhaps that the shared drive may not have been available. I'm using MC on a NAS unit & the drive is shared as n:

Anyway I need to log into my NAS before it is accessable via windows explorer so I thought 'what would happen if I ran MC without logging in?'

Anyway I thought it may have deleted the entries it couldn't find, but instead I got an exception error.

I pasted the error report below to see if that helps catch it before it does this.

http://paste2.org/p/102838

Cheers
Richard

Hitcher Wrote:I get the same thing. You have to access the network shares through Windows Explorer first or MC wont be able to find them for some reason.

retrieverfalcon Wrote:I verified that I had opened my WHS share prior to starting MC but MC still isn't recognizing TV show listings - what's more, it doesn't seem to remembering the directories even being added to preferences. Thinking this had to be quirk in 1.998, I tried running 1.997 and even 1.911 (both of which used to work fine) and they seem to now be doing the same thing. Any thoughts?

StormyKnight Wrote:Strangely my V1.998 can access the shares once I have RW access.....do you guys have RW access...maybe that is the issue?

& BTW I just added my NAS so when I installed V1.998 it also was a new install & as such a new config was created...not sure if that helps work out any issues though..

Cheers
Richard

I still get this with the latest version.
cptplanet Wrote:great work your doing! thanks for that!

-would it be possible to automatically add the fanart during the scraping?

There is an option for exactly that in the preferences/Scraper/Scrape Fanart For Movies
Hitcher Wrote:I still get this with the latest version.

I wish I could help you, I have absolutely no idea what is causing this issue and since I don't have a NAS then I have no way to duplicate the error, maybe if someone recognises the issue then they could point me in the right direction.

I would ask if this is a new problem, it could be possible that this has been caused by a Windows Update rather than an issue with MC

A quick search on google also seems to point to issues with Vista and shares, could I ask if anybody with XP is having these problems.
spiff Wrote:http://www.xbmc.org/trac/changeset/16386
http://www.xbmc.org/trac/changeset/16387

are probably of interest to you guys

So the supported nfo format for multipart episodes is now
Code:
<episodedetails>
    <title>The Book of the Sword (1)</title>
    <season>1</season>
    <episode>1</episode>
.....etc
</episodedetails>
<episodedetails>
    <title>The Book of the Sword (2)</title>
    <season>1</season>
    <episode>2</episode>
.....etc
</episodedetails>

In a single nfo file.

Additionally, could I ask how many episodes these nfo's can hold. Could these hold for example all 6 episodes stored on an DVD ISO
It's not a new problem and I'm using XP.
billyad2000 Wrote:So the supported nfo format for multipart episodes is now
Code:
<episodedetails>
    <season>1</season>
    <episode>1</episode>
.....etc
</episodedetails>
<episodedetails>
    <season>1</season>
    <episode>2</episode>
.....etc
</episodedetails>

In a single nfo file.
I've just confirmed this works perfectly either by letting XBMC scrape for the info for a multi-episode file (eg Samurai Girl - S01E01-02 - The Book of the Sword.mkv) or by making your own NFO file.

Test TV Show - Samurai Girl

Samurai Girl - S01E01-02 - The Book of the Sword.mkv

Samurai Girl - S01E01-02 - The Book of the Sword.nfo

[HTML]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<episodedetails>
<season>1</season>
<episode>1</episode>
<plot>The sheltered adopted Heaven, daughter to one of Japan's wealthiest families, grew up in a protected environment, but now she suddenly is in San Francisco and her dad plans to marry her off to the son of one of his business partners. Heaven learns that her past is linked to an ancient secret prophecy - she finds herself in the middle of the fight between good and evil. Her father hands her the family sword, The Whisper of Death, despite her plea to give it to her brother.</plot>
<thumb></thumb>
<watched>false</watched>
<credits>Luke McMullen</credits>
<director>Pat Williams</director>
<aired>2008-09-05</aired>
</episodedetails>
<episodedetails>
<season>1</season>
<episode>2</episode>
<plot>Heaven learns that her past is linked to an ancient secret prophecy - she finds herself in the middle of the fight between good and evil. Her father hands her the family sword, The Whisper of Death, despite her plea to give it to her brother.</plot>
<thumb></thumb>
<watched>false</watched>
<credits>Luke McMullen</credits>
<director>Pat Williams</director>
<aired>2008-09-05</aired>
</episodedetails>[/HTML]
billyad2000 Wrote:Additionally, could I ask how many episodes these nfo's can hold. Could these hold for example all 6 episodes stored on an DVD ISO

I've also just confirmed (using dummy files) that it works for more episodes - I used 6 in the same info.
I'll be implementing support for multipart episode nfo's in the near future
Sadly every time i try to select fanart for a movie that it didn't grab before I get a error stating "unable to Download Fanart". No other error is showing.

Ver 2.008

Edit* If i perform a full rescrape on the movie then it works.... really hope i don't have to do that for every movie

Edit 2* Seems that it works. I still get the error but it does infact download the fanart... something is messed up in the error sensing code.
I too get a fanart error everytime I manually scrape fanart for a movie (but it downloads it despite the error msg).

When I do an automatic check for new movies, fanart doesn't get downloaded (even though it's available for the particular movie).
Is there a standard naming convention used for multi part episodes?

I was thinking something along the lines of showname_s01multi.me01.me02.avi where the multi followed by me01.me02 denotes two episodes, but i'm curious what others are using.

Thanks!