Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't even get this to run. When I start it, I get:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at XBMC_Media_companion.Form1.loadconfig()

Roy.
If I hit ok, when I try to open preferences to set file locations etc. I then get:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Documents and Settings\rdonalds\Desktop\MediaCompanion\config.xml' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append)
at System.IO.File.CreateText(String path)
at XBMC_Media_Companion.Form1.saveconfig()
at XBMC_Media_Companion.Form1.preferences()
at XBMC_Media_Companion.Form1.MenuItem17_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.MenuItemData.Execute()
at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Forms.Command.DispatchID(Int32 id)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Media Companion 2.085
Assembly Version: 2.0.8.5
Win32 Version: 2.0.8.5
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/rdonalds/Desktop/MediaCompanion/Media%20Companion%202.085.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
roydonaldson Wrote:I can't even get this to run. When I start it, I get:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at XBMC_Media_companion.Form1.loadconfig()

Roy.

What version are you using?
Just fresh download this morning:

Media Companion 2.085.exe
Hitcher Wrote:More's the point how can you have a 720p DVDrip?

i imagine you cant, that's why it's a HD.DVDRip Smile

thanks for the update billy, turns out i wasnt using the latest build... the mummy returns now works a treat Smile
Is there a way to get the files from the old xbox into MC.
i tried to copy the map structure on my pc and than scrape the movie information. after that i upload the nfo's and tbn's one by one to my xbox but that is verry timeconsuming and not easy to update.

Does someone have a solution for this problem.
Xbmcer Wrote:Is there a way to get the files from the old xbox into MC.
i tried to copy the map structure on my pc and than scrape the movie information. after that i upload the nfo's and tbn's one by one to my xbox but that is verry timeconsuming and not easy to update.

Does someone have a solution for this problem.

you shouldnt need to do this one by one, are you using an ftp client to connect to your xbox ? if you use something like filezilla, you'll be able to drag/drop your entire movies folder into the queue and these will upload one after the other without prompting you for anything
fanclub Wrote:you shouldnt need to do this one by one, are you using an ftp client to connect to your xbox ? if you use something like filezilla, you'll be able to drag/drop your entire movies folder into the queue and these will upload one after the other without prompting you for anything

I use filezilla to upload the tbn en de nfo files the movie files are already on the xbox. these were uploaded before i used MC.
Xbmcer Wrote:I use filezilla to upload the tbn en de nfo files the movie files are already on the xbox. these were uploaded before i used MC.

do you have the movies on your pc too, with the nfo/tbn files ? if so it might be easier to just delete all movies from the xbox and then re-upload everything, just for convenience sake
fanclub Wrote:do you have the movies on your pc too, with the nfo/tbn files ? if so it might be easier to just delete all movies from the xbox and then re-upload everything, just for convenience sake

Nope the movie files aren't on my pc, i only copyd the directory structure like this \movietitel\video_ts\video_ts.ifo. then i scrape these files and get the nfo and tbn files witch i upload to the xbox. the problem is that if i want to re-scrape for fanart or something i have to re-upload the tbn and nfo's.

A solution would be to add the directory of the xbox \\xbox\partion-letter\movies\ to the folders in the config of MC but this isn't posible
fanclub Wrote:i imagine you cant, that's why it's a HD.DVDRip Smile

thanks for the update billy, turns out i wasnt using the latest build... the mummy returns now works a treat Smile

Stupid me, I didn't read that as HD-DVD - shows how quickly I'd forgotten the format.
billyad2000 Wrote:Recent builds of MC already get the whole castlist of any title. (2.085)

Now I see. I was using the link in your signature to download MC and that page only linked to 1.911. I didn't realize that your forums contained all the newer versions. Anyhow, nice to see that addition. Nice piece of software. Thanks for making it freely available and continuing to improve it.
Forgive me if this has been covered b/c 92 pages worth of content is too much to read to get an answer.

I have a four disc set of Justice League Season 2 (for my boys) and I named as such:

justice.league.s02.e01.e02.e03.e04.mkv
justice.league.s02.e15.e16.e17.e18.mkv

So my problem is that MC will only only show 4 episodes (episodes 1, 5, 9, and 15). I am assuming my naming convention is not correct, so how should I name them so that I have all 15 episodes listed separately?
Hi folks,

Can someone point me to a solution for the infamous "missing episodes" issue? I've tried to start reading this thread from the start, but none of the solutions so far has helped me. Huh

When I run the latest version of the Media Companion on my TV Show directory, I get all the fanart, thumbs, posters, etc., but none of the seasons & episodes info show up in the program. The season .nfo's are only showing the IMDB link and the episode .nfo's are not filled.

Filenames are (e.g.)
24\24 Season 1\24.s01e01.avi

Any help would be appreciated. Eek
nugentgl Wrote:Forgive me if this has been covered b/c 92 pages worth of content is too much to read to get an answer.

I have a four disc set of Justice League Season 2 (for my boys) and I named as such:

justice.league.s02.e01.e02.e03.e04.mkv
justice.league.s02.e15.e16.e17.e18.mkv

So my problem is that MC will only only show 4 episodes (episodes 1, 5, 9, and 15). I am assuming my naming convention is not correct, so how should I name them so that I have all 15 episodes listed separately?

That naming convention should work fine, make sure your using the latest build, (2.085)