Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
verh0ef Wrote:Hi folks,

Can someone point me to a solution for the infamous "missing episodes" issue? I've tried to start reading this thread from the start, but none of the solutions so far has helped me. Huh

When I run the latest version of the Media Companion on my TV Show directory, I get all the fanart, thumbs, posters, etc., but none of the seasons & episodes info show up in the program. The season .nfo's are only showing the IMDB link and the episode .nfo's are not filled.

Filenames are (e.g.)
24\24 Season 1\24.s01e01.avi

Any help would be appreciated. Eek

After adding the main tvshow root from the preferences the tvshow.nfo file will be added.

Once you have this, and you can view the main tvshow details and posters etc, click the button with the big green cross on it to scrape the episodes.

It's also just occured to me that this was a common problem with older builds of the program, the newest build is 2.085, you can get it from the main webpage or the Media Companion Forum
I'm noticing problems with the way actor names are being displayed. They seem to have a problem with special characters. For example, the movie 'Shooter' has an actor named "Michael Peña" and his name shows in MC as "Michael Peña".

Another one I've noticed is quotes surrounding nicknames. For example, the movie 'Lackawanna Blues' has the actor "S. Epatha Merkerson" playing the role of "Rachel "Nanny" Crosby", but MC displays the role name as "Rachel "Nanny" Crosby". Oddly the plot area displays the role name fine, quoted nickname and all.

I have noticed though that MC doesn't have a problem with apostrphes in the names.
RockDawg Wrote:I'm noticing problems with the way actor names are being displayed. They seem to have a problem with special characters. For example, the movie 'Shooter' has an actor named "Michael Peña" and his name shows in MC as "Michael Peña".

Another one I've noticed is quotes surrounding nicknames. For example, the movie 'Lackawanna Blues' has the actor "S. Epatha Merkerson" playing the role of "Rachel "Nanny" Crosby", but MC displays the role name as "Rachel "Nanny" Crosby". Oddly the plot area displays the role name fine, quoted nickname and all.

I have noticed though that MC doesn't have a problem with apostrphes in the names.

Just an outside observation here...but my browser says those are exactly the same thing. I copied and pasted the following exactly from your message...

Michael Peña
Michael Peña

"Rachel "Nanny" Crosby"
"Rachel "Nanny" Crosby"

Am I missing something?
digitalhigh Wrote:Just an outside observation here...but my browser says those are exactly the same thing. I copied and pasted the following exactly from your message...

Michael Peña
Michael Peña

"Rachel "Nanny" Crosby"
"Rachel "Nanny" Crosby"

Am I missing something?

Wow, thanks for pointing that out. I didn't check the post after I typed it. What I'm seeing must some kind of code for the special character and the browser is interpreting it and displaying the correct special character instead of the actual text I'm typing. The only way I can seem to get it to display what I'm actually seeing is to put a space between every character. The first one should be

M i c h a e l P e & # 2 4 1 ; a

and the second one should be:

R a c h e l & # 3 4 ; N a n n y & # 3 4 ; Crosby
Features that would be nice to implement.

- Check for updates of the program itself, maybe with an autoupdate function
- Option to turn of the log showing after every scan.
I like the log idea, but the program already alerts me when there is an update available. It's automatic on start-up with no button which would be handy also. Code is already there, maybe add a simple button to access the code.
One feaure that I would love to see would be for Media Companion to let you know at a glance which TV episodes you are missing by color coding the missing episodes. So, for every show you add it scrapes *all* episodes, but it will let you know visually which episodes you have and which ones you don't. For example, the image below is showing that I'm missing episodes 5, 12 and 13:

Hi Billy,

Using last build and the log also shows it 'finds' 400+ new episodes, but they do not show up. Neither in the episode count (still reads zero) nor in the dropdown for Select Season.

Quote:TVDB Scraper Language is :- English
TVDB Scraper API Language Code is :- en
TVDB Scraper Episode Order Is Set At :- default
Overwrite Thumbnails Is :- True

Starting Scan For New TV Epsiodes

Actors to Be Scraped From IMDB, will default to TVDB if IMDBID is unavailable
421 New Episodes Found
billyad2000 Wrote:That naming convention should work fine, make sure your using the latest build, (2.085)

I'm sorry, I got it completely wrong. MC is showing all the episodes, it is XBMC that is only showing the first episode listed on the multi-episode disc. For example,

justice.league.s03.e01.e02.e03.e04.vob

is showing all episodes in MC, but only showing as Episode 1 in XBMC after I update the library. Any settings I am missing in XBMC?

BTW, I am running Jester's 16832 SVN build for Windows.
verh0ef Wrote:Hi Billy,

Using last build and the log also shows it 'finds' 400+ new episodes, but they do not show up. Neither in the episode count (still reads zero) nor in the dropdown for Select Season.

I'm not sure why you are having this problem.

Could you remove all tv show folders except for 1. Then try, if you are still can't scrape the episodes could you gice me exact details of the TV shows full path, a full path and filenames of some of the episodes, and a copy of the tvshow.nfo file that is created by Media Companion.
nugentgl Wrote:I'm sorry, I got it completely wrong. MC is showing all the episodes, it is XBMC that is only showing the first episode listed on the multi-episode disc. For example,

justice.league.s03.e01.e02.e03.e04.vob

is showing all episodes in MC, but only showing as Episode 1 in XBMC after I update the library. Any settings I am missing in XBMC?

BTW, I am running Jester's 16832 SVN build for Windows.

I'm not sure why not, i followed the specification for multi-show nfos given by spiff, you need to raise this in the XBMC bug discussion forums, I would suggest that you first try T3CH's latest build since that is the only supported build.
billyad2000 there is a new scraper Moviemeter (Dutch) it's still in progress but maybe you can take a look and add it to Media Companion.

http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showpost.php?p...stcount=28
billyad2000 - any word on the special character problem I'm having? (post 917)
RockDawg Wrote:billyad2000 - any word on the special character problem I'm having? (post 917)

they will likely be fixed by the next build, are they the only 2 chrs that are causing issues.
I asked a similar question in another thread earlier: is it possible to have the app scrape MPAA info from both the "MPAA" and "Certification" fields of the IMDb? I ask because searching MPAA alone only returns info about 40 per cent of the time.