Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
arnova Wrote:Would it be possible to have XBMC Media Companion store its output/files in another directory, than the directory holding the content/videos? I have an FTP readonly server which I use to stream from, and I would like to create all media info locally (first) and later on put it on the server.

This is how I do it as well - locally, then out to the server.

I actually have a complete mirror of my server using dummy video files and the others as backup. Long, long time ago I asked Billy if he could add something that backed up the whole lot of nfo's (+) to a backup directory - great in case something gets overwritten.
Sorry if this has been asked before. I've searched but couldn't find an answer. This is quite a big thread.
Is there a way to force XMC not to download movie fanart? The "Scrape fanart for movies" checkbox in the preferences doesn't appear to do anything. Checked or unchecked, it always downloads fanart. I've checked the config.xml and everything fanart wise is set to false.
Sora Wrote:Sorry if this has been asked before. I've searched but couldn't find an answer. This is quite a big thread.
Is there a way to force XMC not to download movie fanart? The "Scrape fanart for movies" checkbox in the preferences doesn't appear to do anything. Checked or unchecked, it always downloads fanart. I've checked the config.xml and everything fanart wise is set to false.

I've just checked this and it is a bug. The "Scrape fanart for movies" checkbox when unchecked should stop the fanart being automatically scraped.

I've fixed it for the next build.
Many thanks, really appreciated.
KidKiwi Wrote:This is how I do it as well - locally, then out to the server.

I actually have a complete mirror of my server using dummy video files and the others as backup. Long, long time ago I asked Billy if he could add something that backed up the whole lot of nfo's (+) to a backup directory - great in case something gets overwritten.

Yep, but I don't like creating a dummy mirror of all my video files each time, something changes..... I'd rather spend this time on XBMC dev-ing ;-)

EDIT: So, billyad2000, could you please consider implementing this?
Hey,
first of all... great app!!! really helpes me managing my movies Smile
One thing i found out:
When scrapping ratings i get (as i'm using imdb.de... i'm german speaking) like 4,5.... so with a "," instead of a "."... XBMC however can't convert the "," seperated number to a float.... so it will make 4.0 out of 4,5.
Would be great if you could make a simple stringReplace(',', '.') for the rating Smile
greetings, BliBlaBlo
BliBlaBlo Wrote:When scrapping ratings i get (as i'm using imdb.de... i'm german speaking) like 4,5.... so with a "," instead of a "."... XBMC however can't convert the "," seperated number to a float.... so it will make 4.0 out of 4,5.
Would be great if you could make a simple stringReplace(',', '.') for the rating Smile
greetings, BliBlaBlo

expect no further developing on the imdb source side, since imdb no longer allows us to scrape informations from their site. instead, head over to themoviedb.org which also has german movie infos "für uns deutsche" Wink
azido Wrote:expect no further developing on the imdb source side, since imdb no longer allows us to scrape informations from their site. instead, head over to themoviedb.org which also has german movie infos "f?r uns deutsche" Wink

Media Companion still scrapes from IMDB
BliBlaBlo Wrote:Hey,
first of all... great app!!! really helpes me managing my movies Smile
One thing i found out:
When scrapping ratings i get (as i'm using imdb.de... i'm german speaking) like 4,5.... so with a "," instead of a "."... XBMC however can't convert the "," seperated number to a float.... so it will make 4.0 out of 4,5.
greetings, BliBlaBlo

No Problem
billyad2000 Wrote:Media Companion still scrapes from IMDB

Thankfully! I would probably abandon XBMC if there was still no easy way to populate the database with imdb info. The library is it's best feature.

Media Companion is a life saver... especially now that new builds of XBMC won't scrape imdb.com.
KidKiwi Wrote:This is how I do it as well - locally, then out to the server.

What would be your best case scenario, to backup the nfo files, or to include fanart and posters in this back-up.
New Version 2.102

Lots of changes for this build.
  • Genre Filter Has Been Re-writter, now includes all IMDB filters, aswell as capability of searching by Year or Year Range.
  • Searches Can Now Be Performed by Actor, click the Magnifying Glass next to the Actor Name to list all the movies with that actor.
  • Double Clicking a fanart in the browser now opens the fullsize fanart in the window and displays the resolution, much like the poster browser.
  • An option has been added in the Scraper Preferences to limit the number of actors scraped from IMDB as some movies have 100s and as has been pointed out most of those are bit part extras, and are not really needed.
  • An option has been added to the Scraper Preferences to replace the MPAA certification with the local certificate rating on IMDB, this would be for example, from The Dark Knight,
    The MPAA is :- Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and some menace.
    but the UK rating would be :- 12A
    or the USA rating eould be :- PG13
  • The Program Close Dialogue only appears if the program is busy scraping.
  • The Edit Movie dialogue only appears if there are changes that would be lost.
  • After Scraping New Movies then a checkbox is created that allows only Movies added during the current session to be listed.
  • In an effort to speed up movie browsing I have added to the General Options the ability to disable downloading actor thumbs (The thumbs are still included in the .nfo, just not displayed in MC)
  • An option has been added to the General Options to rename existing, none compliant .nfo files to .info
  • An option has been added to the General Options to check for IMDB ID in none compliant .nfo files
  • An option has been added to the Scraper Options to disable the Output Logs.
  • Warning
    The Delete Button has been re-written and can now delete all files relating to a movie to the re-cycle bin. A dialogue opens listing all the to delete and these can be unchecked if you wish. For DVD Folders, and people Using Folder Mode then the folder can also be deleted.

As i've said in other threads I am not entirely happy creating a feature that could potentially delete peoples files and while it works ok with my config I would like this to be thoroughly tested, perhaps with dummy files by people with a wide variety of setups
    Feedback on this feature would be appreciated

• An experimental feature has been added to the TV Show Editor that allows custom thumbnails to be created using ffmpeg.exe, i've included this file in the download. At the moment an screen shot is grabbed from 20 seconds into the Media FIle. If this works as expected I will expand the feature to include a setting that controls how long into a file to grab the screenshow and maybe to create a screenshot when scraping if no thumb exists on TVDB
  • A download progress bar has been added to the download trailer function
  • "." is now replaced with " "(space) when searching IMDB

Main Bugfixes
  • Fanart was still scraped when disabled in the preferences
  • Unhandled Exception was Raised if if folders are missing (ie disconnected removable drives, offline mapped drives, etc)
  • Missing last episode in TV season list
  • Newline in the plot information will now be encoded to "& # x A ;" This is only for movies at present. Old style will now load properly into MC although it will need to be resaved to keep complience with XBMC
  • "http://" added to trailer URLs
  • Saving Cropped Posters was Broke
  • Entering Poster URL Manually was broke, this has been moved to the poster browser window.

Download Version 2.102

I am aware that people are having issues with the TV Show, and episode handling, once i'm happy there have been no major issues added in this version then I am going to look at the tv show handler. I am thinking at the moment that a complete re-write would be most beneficial.
Gracias senior. The only issue I have with the new version is that I usually have multiple instances of your program running (older version for certain things) and now it won't start if another one is running. =(

Getting rid of the prompts was a most welcome addition and browsing the movies is insanely faster now, the program itself loads faster in general. Good work on the update. Thanks!

Also since XBMC now supports movie.tbn do you plan to implement a check for that? My 1600 movie collection all use movie.tbn
Another small request: Filter by IMDB rating. So it would sort the movies by rating.
Many thanks for the new version. Will give it a go this weekend.
Quote:An experimental feature has been added to the TV Show Editor that allows custom thumbnails to be created using ffmpeg.exe, i've included this file in the download. At the moment an screen shot is grabbed from 20 seconds into the Media FIle. If this works as expected I will expand the feature to include a setting that controls how long into a file to grab the screenshow and maybe to create a screenshot when scraping if no thumb exists on TVDB

Excellent feature, many thanks.