Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
awesome, thanks. i'll let you know if i come across anything.
Bram77 Wrote:Nice! Thank you!
I used the tool at the 1.0 stage and it wrote empty nfo files if no movie info was found. This was kind of anoying because it caused me being unable to scrape imdb info for these movies with the xbox.
Now the program finds more matches it isn't such a big deal anymore to manually lookup the ones it doesn't. I'm not sure if it still saves empty nfo files. I think it shouldn't.

There has been significant improvements overall since version 1.0, including the scraper. Read through the whole thread for additions and changes. - I suggest you try the latest version.

The behaviour is still to write blank nfo files for files that return zero imdb results - the main reason for this now is un-formatted filenames.
eg. "lrc-tgca.avi", would search for "lrc-tgca" which obviously returns a blank. XBMC scraper could do no better. This has been aleviated slightly for people who use correctly named folders eg. "c:/Movies/The Golden Compass/lrc-tgca.avi" when they have selected the option to Use folder name instead of filename.

The way the program works at the moment is to scan for correctly formatted nfo files at startup within the selected folders. If no nfo is present then it can't be listed by the program. If it's not listed by the program then it can't be modified and the correct movie scraped.
To find the correct movie in this instance then select the effected title - in the above instance "lrc-tgca" then goto the edit menu click the change movie button and browse IMDB to the correct movie and click "go". The correct movie will then be scraped

If you are still having problems and really want me to then I could add an option to disable the blank nfo behaviour.

Let me know
still have a spelling error in the tooltip for the scan folders button.

other than that, i'm really liking the new thumbnail handling. the zoom in feature is nice, and i absolutely love being able to go to a specific thumbnail. saves soooo much time.

i'm almost sad that all my movies are all tagged and have thumbnails because i can't really use it on stuff that's done. i do randomly go through and see if i can find better thumbnails though.

one thing that would be nice is a button or something that'll take you to the directory or file of the movie that's currently selected.
billyad2000 Wrote:Version 1.113 has now been uploaded - see my sig for link

I think i may have fixed problem with movie trailer been scanned - let me know.

Hey billyad2000 ran some quick tests:
Fixed Confirmed - movie trailer nfo file is no longer created.
However FYI at this time the trailer link is not added to the movie.nfo file if that is your direction.
Very very nice!!!! just running it now... my next thing is to do a fresh install of XBMC on my box and hopefully it will put up all the required info from my server!!
bionic1234 Wrote:Hey billyad2000 ran some quick tests:
Fixed Confirmed - movie trailer nfo file is no longer created.
However FYI at this time the trailer link is not added to the movie.nfo file if that is your direction.

I will likely add support to play movie trailers at some point. The reason the path isn't added to the nfo file is because I am unsure of the behaviour of XBMC.

This can be shown with the thumbnail files, if you have
Movie.avi
Movie.nfo
Movie.tbn
Movie.trailer.avi

The Movie.tbn file is ignored if thumbnail url's exist within the nfo file.

XBMC will also play Movie.trailer.avi but I dont know if XBMC will ignore it if the nfo contains a trailer url.

In addition to the above, the smb path that most people would have for networked Xbox would look very different from the Real Windows Path.

I think a better way to go would be to add the option within the program to play the Movie.trailer.avi file. The behaviour would then match XBMC's. The <trailer> catogory is not really needed.
I just scanned my movie collect and out of all of them I found one error: if you have the movie Totally Baked: A Pot-U-Mentary it gets: an Unhandled exception Index was outside the bounds of the array. Below is the call stack. Please let me know if you need me to debug farther:

ee the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at XBMC_Media_Companion.Form2.rescrape_movie()
at XBMC_Media_Companion.Form2.Button14_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
jetskijoe Wrote:I just scanned my movie collect and out of all of them I found one error: if you have the movie Totally Baked: A Pot-U-Mentary it gets: an Unhandled exception Index was outside the bounds of the array. Below is the call stack. Please let me know if you need me to debug farther:

Just a couple of things,

Are you using the latest version of the software (1.113) see my sig if you aren't.

If you are could you let me know the exact filename and path of the movie
yes I am using the latest version 1.113
The full path is M:\Movies\Totally Baked

please let me know if there is anything else that you need
sorry forgot the file name: vmt-baked-xvid.avi
jetskijoe Wrote:I just scanned my movie collect and out of all of them I found one error: if you have the movie Totally Baked: A Pot-U-Mentary it gets: an Unhandled exception Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Thanx for the nfo - I found out what the problem was.

I created an array large enough to contain 101 actors which I believed would be enough for any movie since IMDB only usually lists 15.

Totally Baked seems to be an exception to this and lists more than that. I have fixed it and will upload it soon. I've just got a few other things to finish off first.
Updated Release nfo

XBMC Media Companion latest version is 1.210

Main Changes since last release:-

I've created a new form for preferences although its looking a bit bare at the moment. The options to use folder names and overwrite existing thumbs have been moved here. This page also lists media folders that have been added, and gives the user the ability to remove folders as well as add them. The options previously located in the main menu bar are gone.

A couple of appearance options have been added letting users choose the foreground and background colours

Program window can now be enlarged for monitors larger than 1024*768 and all the controls are scaled accordingly.

Program Window can also be reduced, scroll bars are added if it gets below a certain size

Spelling error in the tool tip for the scan folders button fixed Wink

Bug Causing crash when IMDB returned more than 100 actors fixed

Nice animated Zoom has been added to the movie thumbnail displayed in the main program window. Hover mouse over thumbnail to see,
Things I noticed:

a) I immediately had to change the background color back to white, that just looked ugly Wink
b) some spelling mistakes in the preferences: "Background Colour" and "Foreground Colour", "Don't overwrite ..."
c) the play movie button doesn't seem to work, unhandled exception because it doesn't find the player
the play movie button works for me, although it picked the wrong media player. i think it should pick the default media player for the certain filetype. it chose winamp, which isn't associated with .avi file (which my movies are usually). vlc is the default avi player.

the File | Exit doesn't work for me.
hotzenpl0tz Wrote:Things I noticed:

a) I immediately had to change the background color back to white, that just looked ugly Wink
b) some spelling mistakes in the preferences: "Background Colour" and "Foreground Colour", "Don't overwrite ..."
c) the play movie button doesn't seem to work, unhandled exception because it doesn't find the player

a) Understandable - just trying to give people a few options to customize

b) The spelling is correct where I live, it's (England)English.

c) I can't duplicate this, the program creates a playlist and launches it, it should play in default player. Could you give me more details about your setup and the exact problem you are having.