Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone please help me its driving me mental, how do i add just one DVD? i done a scrape of all my movies and over 50 of them didn't get scraped and wont get scraped? so how do i manually add the ones that wernt scraped? Also how do i set MC to use my folder.jpg or DVD covers instead of movie posters, as i prefer DVD covers?
AaronG85 Wrote:Can someone please help me its driving me mental, how do i add just one DVD? i done a scrape of all my movies and over 50 of them didn't get scraped and wont get scraped? so how do i manually add the ones that wernt scraped?

there are various ways. If you organize your movies in folders, create a blank moviename.info or moviename.nfo file in the same directory as your movie in which you manually copy the imdb http link (just look it up yourself). If I am correct MC will pick up the imdb reference from the info file and use it to scrape your movie. Test it on one movie directory first Smile
billyad2000 Wrote:I'm not accepting any more feature requests for the movie section from now, I'll wait a couple more days to allow people to report bugs and then I'm gonna start on TV Shows. I've spent the last couple of months concentrating on Movies and it's working pretty well now, and I need to spend some serious time on TV Shows to bring it in line.
Thank you. I would really appreciate a way to avoid having to download all fanarts just to change background. And having both banner and poster separate would be nice.
One general nitpick. Fanart doesn't show up in the background except at the moment I add/change them. Would be easier to get an overview if fanart had a thumbnail similar to posters.
Overall this is shaping up to be one hell of a software. Can't tell you how much time you have saved me so far. Big Grin

McQ
Steve_McQueen Wrote:Fanart doesn't show up in the background except at the moment I add/change them. Would be easier to get an overview if fanart had a thumbnail similar to posters.
You can select, in the settings, to display the movies fanart as the backround in media companion Wink
For those of you having issues with Media Companion finding your movies... You will find that if you name your movie file (or folder) as closely as possible to it's name on IMDB.com that it will find them perfectly. Also, I'm not sure about media companion, but I found that when XBMC scrapes it doesn't do well when there are underscores in place of spaces.
smcnally75 Wrote:You can select, in the settings, to display the movies fanart as the backround in media companion Wink
Thanks, that helps alot. How the hell did I miss that?. Shocked
Its still a rather messy way of displaying it though.

McQ
Media Companion is a great piece of software, but I have some troubles with the new version (2.121)

When I try to scrape new movies from IMDB Media Companion says: "No IMDB ID Could Be Found" and saves a blank nfo file...

That's strange because the movies that I'm scraping where scraped before with an older version of MC and for example called 'Bolt (2008).avi'.

Has anyone a solution?
Bigfoot87 Wrote:Media Companion is a great piece of software, but I have some troubles with the new version (2.121)

When I try to scrape new movies from IMDB Media Companion says: "No IMDB ID Could Be Found" and saves a blank nfo file...

That's strange because the movies that I'm scraping where scraped before with an older version of MC and for example called 'Bolt (2008).avi'.

Has anyone a solution?

I had that on a few, seems to be the year "(2008)". Just remove it as the title when add-searching. No need to change the filename.
Or you can just modify, add the imdbID and re-scrape.

McQ
Steve_McQueen Wrote:I had that on a few, seems to be the year "(2008)". Just remove it as the title when add-searching. No need to change the filename.
Or you can just modify, add the imdbID and re-scrape.

McQ
Allright, thnx. Smile
Will take a look at it after work.

EDIT:

The problems still existed, even after adding the IMDB-id to the nfo file.
Right now I've installed a older version (2.102) and the problems are over. Smile
The <watched></watched> bug is back in the 2.121 version instead of <playcount>0</playcount>
In version 2.118 (possibly all versions), when downloading images through the poster browser or fanart browser, the resulting filename of the images is always in lower case. This causes xbmc to not recongnize the images if your video files have upper case characters in them.

The auto scanner does not have this problem, it correctly names the posters and fanart with the proper case.

Also, as some others have said, 2.121 does not find certain movies. Dropping back to 2.118 fixed that problem for me.
omenborn Wrote:In version 2.118 (possibly all versions), when downloading images through the poster browser or fanart browser, the resulting filename of the images is always in lower case. This causes xbmc to not recongnize the images if your video files have upper case characters in them.

The auto scanner does not have this problem, it correctly names the posters and fanart with the proper case.

Also, as some others have said, 2.121 does not find certain movies. Dropping back to 2.118 fixed that problem for me.

I wondered why some of my fanart wasn't getting picked up by XBMC and this is the reason why.
Bigfoot87 Wrote:Media Companion is a great piece of software, but I have some troubles with the new version (2.121)

Has anyone a solution?

I've just checked this and it works ok.
'Bolt (2008).avi' is found and scraped properly, my only suggestion is check that the option "User Folder Names" in the general preferences is not checked, this would search IMDB using the foldername instead of the filename e.g. "\mymovies\Bolt (2008).avi" would search IMDB for "mymovies"
omenborn Wrote:In version 2.118 (possibly all versions), when downloading images through the poster browser or fanart browser, the resulting filename of the images is always in lower case. This causes xbmc to not recongnize the images if your video files have upper case characters in them.

I need an example of a movie that wont scrape, and information about your folder structure,
What is the filename and path?
Are you using folder names?
Is it a DVD folder?
Is DVD folders enabled?
1408 is a movie that does not work for me.

I'm using a mapped network drive. Using folder names.
eg
Z:\1408\1408 - CD1.avi
Z:\1408\1408 - CD2.avi

Edit:
Come to think of it, the other file that I was having issues with, also started with #'s if that's any indication. I'll have to verify this later.