Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Interesting...I have 1408 and it scraped fine for me.
I wonder if it has something to do with the folder being named with a number? All my movies are in one main movie folder..
Hi Billy,
I'm having an issue where TV Season thumbs (the actual thumb for the season, not the episode) are not being scraped. When I check the box next to "Download Season Thumbs", then save and exit, it doesn't stick. If I go back into my settings it is unchecked.
FYI, I removed my folders from the list, deleted the nfo files from each and then put then folders back in as source directories. When I rescraped it did let me select season thumbs and it did scrape them properly. Looks to be just a menu bug.
Hi all,
is there any possibilities to insert a really italian website to scrape video information, such as "MyMovies (on www.mymovies.it)".
Italian iMdb works fine, but information are in english. Sameone creates an XML to scrape MyMovies.it information into XBMC (but I don't know how to use this file), and i think that could be perfect to use this XML file to add feature to Media Companion.

Thx
Version 1.125

Sorry about the delay in fixing the .rar handling, I haven't had much time this week due to a family crisis, I should be able to get back to normal next week.

Just a few changes

changed rar handling so that for multi-part archives named .part001.rar etc. The .partxx1 is now removed.
I'm not sure about normal stacking for these archives eg. At the moment "movie cd1.part001.rar" is named to "movie.rar" or "movie cd1.rar" if the stacking option is disabled.

Name case is now unchanged when saving stacked posters and fanart

Fanart and Poster Browsers now close after an image has been selected and saved

A browse drive/url has been added to the fanart browser

The IMDB search has been tweaked, fewer blank nfo's should be the result.
IMDB no longer uses ","(comma's) in a search (a week ago "10,000 BC" worked fine, now it returns zero results. "10000 BC" works ok, MC removes the comma's

Download Version 2.125

BTW for those who are having issues with MC locating the correct movie then I need more information. I have been able to scrape all the movies reported without any issues. In this version I have fixed an issue with IMDB not seeing comma's anymore but other than that i'm at a loss. I need to find out what people with issues are doing in common :-
What is the filename and path?
Are you using folder names?
Is it a DVD folder?
Is DVD folders enabled?
What stacking method is being used?
What is the entry in the output log for a movie it is unable to scrape?

Additionally, I would like to know what IMDB mirror you have set.
Well, I'm officially confused as to what's going on.

Another movie that I'm having issues with being detected is "From Russia With Love"

I'm not sure that it's a scraper issue, but an issue with Media Companion recognizing that there's an actual video there, if that makes any sense.

My dir layout is as follows:
Z:/From Russia With Love/From Russia With Love.avi
Media Companion does not even acknowledge that this directory exists when it does a scan for new folders.

If I create a test dir on my local harddrive, it scans in fine.
C:/Test/From Russia With Love/From Russia With Love.avi

The only difference that I can really see between the two is that the c:/Test/ only contains the one directory, while my normal Z:/ drive has nearly 400 dir.

I also tried adding Z:/From Russia With Love/ as a source folder for Media Companion to scan, and moved the original folder into this folder, so that it appeared as Z:/From Russia With Love/From Russia With Love/From Russia With Love.avi, and this worked fine also.

So I don't know what's going on.

Oh, and happens with both version 2.121 and 2.125. Going back to version 2.118 picks up the folder properly.

edit: Just noticed that I also get a -1 as output when doing a scan.

Starting Folder Scan

-1 New Movies Found
omenborn Wrote:Well, I'm officially confused as to what's going on.

Another movie that I'm having issues with being detected is "From Russia With Love"

I'm not sure that it's a scraper issue, but an issue with Media Companion recognizing that there's an actual video there, if that makes any sense.

My dir layout is as follows:
Z:/From Russia With Love/From Russia With Love.avi
Media Companion does not even acknowledge that this directory exists when it does a scan for new folders.

If I create a test dir on my local harddrive, it scans in fine.
C:/Test/From Russia With Love/From Russia With Love.avi

The only difference that I can really see between the two is that the c:/Test/ only contains the one directory, while my normal Z:/ drive has nearly 400 dir.

I also tried adding Z:/From Russia With Love/ as a source folder for Media Companion to scan, and moved the original folder into this folder, so that it appeared as Z:/From Russia With Love/From Russia With Love/From Russia With Love.avi, and this worked fine also.

So I don't know what's going on.

Oh, and happens with both version 2.121 and 2.125. Going back to version 2.118 picks up the folder properly.

edit: Just noticed that I also get a -1 as output when doing a scan.

Starting Folder Scan

-1 New Movies Found

Did you add the Z:\ directory as a movie directory? I assume that it finds all other movies in that directory? And that they are all in subdirectories?

So if you had:

Z:\Breakfast Club\Breakfast Club.avi
z:\From Russia With Love\From Russia With Love.avi

It would find Breakfast Club (and any others in there) but not From Russia With Love?

I'm no expert...just trying to help.

J_K_M_A_N
filename = American Teen
path = M:\movies\American Teen\

yes
Is it a DVD folder?
no
Is DVD folders enabled?
no
only one avi
it shows up as "The Secret Life of the American Teenager"

I am using http://www.imdb.com/ as my mirror

if there is any other info that you need let me know. I will check threw my other movies and see if it is pulling them in correctly or not.

Thanks
Joe
jetskijoe Wrote:What is the filename and path?
filename = American Teen
path = M:\movies\American Teen\

yes
Is it a DVD folder?
no
Is DVD folders enabled?
no
only one avi
it shows up as "The Secret Life of the American Teenager"

I am using http://www.imdb.com/ as my mirror

if there is any other info that you need let me know. I will check threw my other movies and see if it is pulling them in correctly or not.

Thanks
Joe

The problem isn't media companion, it is imdb. If you search for "American Teen" on imdb, the first result is "The Secrect Life of the American Teenager". Rename your filename and folder name to "American Teen (2008)" and you won't have this problem.
smcnally75 Wrote:The problem isn't media companion, it is imdb. If you search for "American Teen" on imdb, the first result is "The Secrect Life of the American Teenager". Rename your filename and folder name to "American Teen (2008)" and you won't have this problem.

Is there not a way to filter out TV shows?
jetskijoe Wrote:Is there not a way to filter out TV shows?

Not that I know of. The dropdown on the site lets you search specifically for TV Shows but not specifically movies.
Plus, even if there were, I think it would be just a band-aid instead of a real solution. IMO, people should try to get in the habit of naming their files as close to the IMDB entry as possible.
J_K_M_A_N Wrote:Did you add the Z:\ directory as a movie directory? I assume that it finds all other movies in that directory? And that they are all in subdirectories?

Yes

J_K_M_A_N Wrote:So if you had:

Z:\Breakfast Club\Breakfast Club.avi
z:\From Russia With Love\From Russia With Love.avi

It would find Breakfast Club (and any others in there) but not From Russia With Love?

I'm no expert...just trying to help.

J_K_M_A_N

Yes, that's right. A small test I did was delete the nfos I had for 1408, From Russia With Love, A History of Violence, Dr. No, and Goldfinger.

Doing a folder scan would find A History of Violence, Dr. No, and Goldfinger, but 1408 and From Russia With Love would not be found.

There may be more than just those two that are affected, but I don't really want to go through and delete all my nfos.
smcnally75 Wrote:Plus, even if there were, I think it would be just a band-aid instead of a real solution. IMO, people should try to get in the habit of naming their files as close to the IMDB entry as possible.

yes I was doing that with all of my files. He is one that I am trouble with.

filename = .45
path = M:\movies\45 (2006)\

You cann't make a .45 as a directory. So it looks like IMDB returns it as Severance (2006). Is there anyway I can name a folder around this so it will pick up the right movie?

yes
Is it a DVD folder?
no
Is DVD folders enabled?
no

Severance (2006)