Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
J_K_M_A_N Wrote:Sorry about that. I copied that straight out of my advancedsettings.xml for XBMC. I didn't see that it was suppose to be different. Blush

J_K_M_A_N

Maybe it should look for either since xbmc uses <regexp>. Just an idea. Smile

It seems that a number people are having issues setting up regex for TV Episodes.

From the next build I am including a regex editor in the preferences, this allows regex's to be added, deleted, edited, and more importantly tested against an entered string.
RockDawg Wrote:Doh! I should've thought to look there before I posted. Anyhow I deleted the folder there and "reinstalled" MC. I tried scanning My Seinfeld folder, but the error log says "Seinfeld\tvshow.nfo Does Not Exist". Do I need to have the url for the show in an nfo file? I would try it but thetvdb.com is down right now.

If so, why is it necessary unlike movies?

The tvshow.nfo file contains the TVDB ID which is needed to ensure that the correct show episode is downloaded.

This simplifies and speeds things up greatly when it comes to scraping the episodes, MC only needs to check the filename/path for a regex match for season and episode No.
retrieverfalcon Wrote:What about a missing episode thumb search? I think I already requested this. It would be similar to the "Scan for missing fanart" option under Movies but would find missing episode thumbs for TV Shows.

Also, I am getting to "Operation Timed Out" dialog boxes when 2.220 starts (during the Loading TV Library section of startup). If you click OK to both, the program starts and seems fine. Just a minor inconvenience.

I was going to add support for this today, but it will have to wait until TVDB is back up. It on my list of things to do before I start on music support.
Hi!

I'm having a little problem with MC interpreting the filename as a multiple episode.

Example:

24.S07E16.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv

gets detected as both episode "s07e16" and episode "x264"

Is there a way to change this without having to rename the files?

Thanks!
billyad2000 Wrote:That has already been done in the last version

Excellent! Thank you Smile
wintermute2517 Wrote:Hi!

I'm having a little problem with MC interpreting the filename as a multiple episode.

Example:

24.S07E16.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv

gets detected as both episode "s07e16" and episode "x264"

Is there a way to change this without having to rename the files?

Thanks!

It is actually working properly, I just never thought about x264. I'll look into it.
billyad2000 Wrote:It is actually working properly, I just never thought about x264. I'll look into it.

Well, since x264 gets searched as s00e264 on tvdb it never returns any results (in my case at least), and removing the multiepisode tag from the nfo fixes the issue, a simple option to disable that tag could be a quick temporary fix.
theophile Wrote:Any possibility of adding support for this?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47842

I still can't figure out how to use MIP. It's a HIG nightmare, lol.

Second that I Prefer this apps over MIP because it's simple and meet my need . All I use it for is grab nfo and tbn and fanart..
I setup nfo files in each TV show folder. The nfo contains the tvdb.com url to the show's main page. I still don't get any shows to show up or episodes to scrape. Sometimes I add the show folder and save and come right back and it's missing like I never even added it. Other times when I select the folder it doesn't even add it to the folder list at all. When it does show and stay after a save, scanning for new episodes just says nonew episodes found. Twice I've uninstalled and re-installed MC to no avail. I've tried both 2.220 and 2.209.

Can anybody help me out here? I'd really like to get my TV shows working.
roeroe Wrote:Second that I Prefer this apps over MIP because it's simple and meet my need . All I use it for is grab nfo and tbn and fanart..

I'd like this too Smile
Like said before, can I have MC to only fix a TVshow.nfo, some posters and fanarts, NOT to handle my episodes?

I like XBMC "search for new contents" and I dont want to use MC everytime I new episode comes.

And my second question: Now when I have set an local thumb, I no longer get the option to choose the one online at thetvdb.com. Shoudnt that be possible?

And the fanart. If I have NO fanart in the folder of the tv-show, but only a local poster, I lose my by XBMC set fanart, and then I cant choose one from online. Like the only option is to use MC completly or not at al?

/Söder
Hi,

Quick question, I just started using this and it is working great except for one little thing.

When I scrap my movie files, any movies with any characters except from the alphabet are not displaying correctly. For example ' is messed up in my library view and shows as some goobledegook.

Does anyone know how this can be fixed?

Thanks
I just noticed this myself, but it isn't "gobbledegook" Wink. It is putting the hexadecimal equivalent of the character in the title for some reason and it seems to be an issue with the newest release.
This "bug" is only affecting titles with an " ' " and a " & "
I knew it was something that wasn't binary but didn't want to look like an idiot.... too late!