Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Companion - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
theotocopulitos Wrote:I am also having this problems. I scrape new files with MC, and then I import them into XBMC.

For wathever reason then XBMC under the info screen for a movie is unable to download futher fanart/thumbs and just displays the local files.

However, if the nfo file was created by XBMC from scratch, it allows me to download other fanart/humbs...

bug somewhere? MC or XBMC?

seems to me like it's working as intended - that's the whole point of managing this information outside of xbmc

XBMC doesnt create the nfo/tbn/jpg when you scan using it - it just dumps it straight in to the database and thumbs directory.
Seems a great program. Will give it a try. I was just needing something like this. Smile
Does MC scrape movies using the scene naming convention under the "folder name" option? e.g. I have a folder named 300.h264.2006-iLurk with the file 300.h264.2006-iLurk.mkv in it. MC doesn't seem to scrape these movies. Is there a setting to change this?

I've noticed that a folder called 300.dvdrip.2006-iLurk scrapes ok, so I figure it must be changeable to allow other conventions beside dvdrips. MIP does it (extremely well) but unfortunately, it downloads a lot of unneccessary stuff too

billyad2000, I don't know how hard this would be for you but could you please look into it?

Ta
I'm fairly sure it isn't applying any logic to try and understand the "scene naming convention" at all - it is just doing a search on IMDB for the folder name or filename, depending on how you configure it.

If it isn't finding it when the name is "300.h264.2006-iLurk" but it does when it is has dvdrip, then I think that is just the way IMDB is matching the search name. I think most people are using clean names for the folder name - it looks tidier in the file explorer, and helps MC have the best chance of getting the correct match. I just leave the file name with the original file name to preserve which group I got it from, etc.
Forgot to mention - if it matches to the wrong movie, just click the Editor button on the toolbar, press the "Change Movie" button, then once you've found the correct movie click "Go" and it will rescrape all the information from the correct movie.
AaronD Wrote:I'm fairly sure it isn't applying any logic to try and understand the "scene naming convention" at all - it is just doing a search on IMDB for the folder name or filename, depending on how you configure it.

I'm pretty sure it does because all the movies I have as dvdrips were scraped and my x264 files were ignored.

I did made a test folder with 2 movies and this is what I got from the log

Code:
Starting Folder Scan

2 New Movies Found

Searching IMDB For 30.Days.of.Night.DVDRip.XviD-iLurk
IMDB ID found :- tt0389722
nfo saved as :- G:\test\30.Days.of.Night.DVDRip.XviD-iLurk\30.Days.of.Night.DVDRip.XviD-iLurk.nfo
Downloading Movie Thumbnail at URL :- G:\test\30.Days.of.Night.DVDRip.XviD-iLurk\30.Days.of.Night.DVDRip.XviD-iLurk.tbn
Saving Thumbnail To Path :- G:\test\30.Days.of.Night.DVDRip.XviD-iLurk\30.Days.of.Night.DVDRip.XviD-iLurk.tbn
Saving folder.jpg To Path :- G:\test\30.Days.of.Night.DVDRip.XviD-iLurk\folder.jpg
Fanart URL is http://api.themoviedb.org/2.0/Movie.imdbLookup?imdb_id=tt0389722&api_key=3f026194412846e530a208cf8a39e9cb
Saving Fanart As :- G:\test\30.Days.of.Night.DVDRip.XviD-iLurk\30.Days.of.Night.DVDRip.XviD-iLurk-fanart.jpg

Searching IMDB For 300.2006.m-HD x264-iLurk
No IMDB ID Could Be Found
Saving Blank Nfo As :- G:\test\300.2006.m-HD x264-iLurk\300.2006.m-HD x264-iLurk.nfo

That's why I think that there is some sort of filtering in the background.
iLurk Wrote:I'm pretty sure it does because all the movies I have as dvdrips were scraped and my x264 files were ignored.

I did made a test folder with 2 movies and this is what I got from the log

Code:
Starting Folder Scan

2 New Movies Found

Searching IMDB For 30.Days.of.Night.DVDRip.XviD-iLurk
IMDB ID found :- tt0389722
nfo saved as :- G:\test\30.Days.of.Night.DVDRip.XviD-iLurk\30.Days.of.Night.DVDRip.XviD-iLurk.nfo
Downloading Movie Thumbnail at URL :- G:\test\30.Days.of.Night.DVDRip.XviD-iLurk\30.Days.of.Night.DVDRip.XviD-iLurk.tbn
Saving Thumbnail To Path :- G:\test\30.Days.of.Night.DVDRip.XviD-iLurk\30.Days.of.Night.DVDRip.XviD-iLurk.tbn
Saving folder.jpg To Path :- G:\test\30.Days.of.Night.DVDRip.XviD-iLurk\folder.jpg
Fanart URL is http://api.themoviedb.org/2.0/Movie.imdbLookup?imdb_id=tt0389722&api_key=3f026194412846e530a208cf8a39e9cb
Saving Fanart As :- G:\test\30.Days.of.Night.DVDRip.XviD-iLurk\30.Days.of.Night.DVDRip.XviD-iLurk-fanart.jpg

Searching IMDB For 300.2006.m-HD x264-iLurk
No IMDB ID Could Be Found
Saving Blank Nfo As :- G:\test\300.2006.m-HD x264-iLurk\300.2006.m-HD x264-iLurk.nfo

That's why I think that there is some sort of filtering in the background.

Media Companion currently looks for the following in the file name.

cd1
cd 1
cd.1
cd-1
cd_1

as above, replacing cd with
pt
part
dvd
disk
divx
xvid
dvdrip
directors cut
special edition
screener
telesync
telecine
director's cut
r5
scr
ts
fs
ws
r5
bluray
fullscreen
widescreen
dvdscr
part01

I will add x264

i'm not sure what m-HD is or if it should be added, even so, this would not help with a name such as :
300.2006.m-HD x264-iLurk

you will always be left with
which will not return you the correct movie from IMDB
I suggest a small ammout of editing,
300 (2006).m-HD x264-iLurk
will return the correct movie 99.9% of the time since it will search IMDB for '300' and match the year to '2006'
billyad2000 Wrote:Media Companion currently looks for the following in the file name.

I will add x264

i'm not sure what m-HD is or if it should be added, even so, this would not help with a name such as :
300.2006.m-HD x264-iLurk

you will always be left with
which will not return you the correct movie from IMDB
I suggest a small ammout of editing,
300 (2006).m-HD x264-iLurk
will return the correct movie 99.9% of the time since it will search IMDB for '300' and match the year to '2006'

Thanks for the heads up man. Is there an app you would recommend for batch renaming (preferably one that would also rename folders)?

m-HD files are micro HD files and typically a fraction of a bluray/HDDVD rip in size, but still give you great quality. BTW, I wasn't expecting you to add that as a filter.
will this app support all the flags for aeon auriga as well? such as studio, source, sound, resolution flags for my movies and tv shows? ive been using MIP but would like to give this app a try to see which one i like more.
fanclub Wrote:seems to me like it's working as intended - that's the whole point of managing this information outside of xbmc

XBMC doesnt create the nfo/tbn/jpg when you scan using it - it just dumps it straight in to the database and thumbs directory.

I am not sure I understand this... I use MC because it is much more versatile, it is great... but sometimes I find XBMC messes up with the nfo and posters created by MC and need/want to fix it from inside...

But my point is, I thought XBMC would read the nfo generated by XBMC and push this info into its database and cache... ok? So, if later I select the info for a given media, the selected XBMC scrapper should do its job - for instance , scraping with MC gets the IMDB number, and then if for a folder in XBMC I have set the IMDB scrapper, I'd expect XBMC would allow me to connect and browse IMDB from XBMC itself, since it already has the number id in its database...

Am I missing something?

Thanks
cool program, its nice to have as a backup
theotocopulitos Wrote:I am not sure I understand this... I use MC because it is much more versatile, it is great... but sometimes I find XBMC messes up with the nfo and posters created by MC and need/want to fix it from inside...

But my point is, I thought XBMC would read the nfo generated by XBMC and push this info into its database and cache... ok? So, if later I select the info for a given media, the selected XBMC scrapper should do its job - for instance , scraping with MC gets the IMDB number, and then if for a folder in XBMC I have set the IMDB scrapper, I'd expect XBMC would allow me to connect and browse IMDB from XBMC itself, since it already has the number id in its database...

Am I missing something?

Thanks
XBMC gives locally stored artwork and nfo's precedence over an IMDB search. If there's already a poster stored locally, XBMC assumes that's the one you want to use so it has no need to check the web for others.
LaTropa64 Wrote:XBMC gives locally stored artwork and nfo's precedence over an IMDB search. If there's already a poster stored locally, XBMC assumes that's the one you want to use so it has no need to check the web for others.

yup exactly right, same with the data stored in the nfo file... if these files exist, it won't look anything up online

theotocopulitos you said you had an issue with XBMC screwing up the data that media companion generates - do you have a specific example?

i have appx 500 movies all with nfo/tbn/jpg and i've rebuilt my xbmc library numerous times ever since using media companion. every time the xbmc library info has matched what media companion supplied
Hi I am trying the programme out.

In one folder I have films such as MKV, and Mpeg4 these are not in folder of their own and the programme scanned them just fine.

IN another folder called films I have further folders which are all named and are Video TS folders.

It would not scan this at all, I suspect its not scanning recurseivly. I am assuming I am not clicking the right button as there are about 300 folders in here and I don't want to add each to the folders section in preferences.

If this has been answered before I am sorry, I guess this is the problem with threads running at 140 pages long.
Well I sorted one problem out only to be presented with another, Its now decided to scrape the folder with lots of movies in (Mkv, mpeg4 etc) but is calling them all Mother Goose&x27;s Movies 1926