Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help me write an xml to permanently disable HW VC1 decoding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm on an Nvidia Shield and I have a lot of HD-DVD based VC1 files still.  They use a screwy implementation of the codec that does not work when Mediacodec is used to accelerate.  I do need Mediacodec though for UHD HEVC files.

I tried writing this advancedsettings.xml file based on some examples I found on different forums but Kodi isn't responding to anything I put in it.  Can someone help me narrow in on what to add/change?

xml:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<mediacodec> <!-- -1 is default, 0 is never used this codec, 1 is always use this codec, bypassing blacklist -->
<useavccodec>-1</useavccodec>
<usevc1codec>0</usevc1codec>
<usevpxcodec>-1</usevpxcodec>
<usemp4codec>-1</usemp4codec>
<usempeg2codec>-1</usempeg2codec>
<useswrenderer>false</useswrenderer>
</mediacodec>
</video>
</advancedsettings>
I haven't heard of these xml tags. Where did you find them?

See available tags here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml
Hmmm, interesting. Either they have been removed from Kodi, or the wiki page is severely outdated. One of the developers will need to advise.
I downloaded the current source code and searched for a couple of these tags in all the files and they do not exist.

So either they have been eliminated or they never existed.

Regards.
@peak3d announced a decoder blacklisting mechanism, see here. Maybe that will do what you need. Dunno when he will introduce it though.
Thank you all