Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Directory and files sorting order changed in newest version of v17?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

I noticed in the latest version of Krypton that the sort order for directories and files seems to have changed? What I mean is, I have a directory under my TV directory named _Animated. This used to appear before all other directories at the very top thanks to the _ character. I did this specifically to make finding that directory easier for my children and wife when I was not home. I've noticed in the new install of it on my fire TV that same directory is now listed  further down the directory list as if kodi is no longer sorting by _ but by ANI instead. Is there a way to change this behavior in the settings or some .ini file? It was very helpful to have it sort special directories like that using _ or ! or other characters that windows normally would sort first before A directories.

Thanks.
Not really answering you question, but an alternative which would make it much easier to access the animated movies, is to set up Custom home items (wiki)
IIUC, collation (alpha-numeric sort ordering) is supposed to be set based on your platform "locale" (a group of settings which includes collation).  First thing we would need to know is what platform Kodi is installed on and what locale you have set.

scott s.