Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Nebula Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all credit to Tgxcorporation  for developing and working on the original Nebula Skin, i certainly don't think i would have the patience to build a skin from scratch!

I've been looking for a clean & simple skin that can be fully customised so it can work on low powered devices such as the RPI2 or have a full feature set up that can work on a Nvida Shield on a large TV, the Nebula skin pretty much fits my needs.

The mods i have made are to fit my specific Use Cases, I have been using it on numerous devices in my household for the last 3 or 4 months (it seems to be kids/wife proof) I use Kodi mainly to watch Live TV, Netflix, Amazon Prime, but I also have a full music and movie library.

Key changes so far (Kodi Leia only):

- Small changes to PVR : Guide window, Program meta data, Program images etc
- Integration of Up Next addon (although only Nebula's white theme so far)
- Integration of PVR SwitcherTime (PVR Reminders) - button to add new reminders on program info screen and bespoke reminder window (although this not 100% working at the moment)
- Centralise the main menu.
- added a larger font

Still to do:

- fix all that was mentioned above!
- Add a Netflix style view.
- and whatever else comes to mind. 

My Repo can be downloaded here: https://github.com/ASHJG/repository.AshJ...-1.0.0.zip this will give you automatic updates.

Source code here: https://github.com/ASHJG/skin.nebula-plus (pull request welcome)

Just a bit of a warning, i'll work on this as and when I can but i have a day job, a family and a social life ;-)  Any issues or feature requests let me know in this thread although if they don't fit my usecase then i probably wont integrate them.  Github was a bit of a steep learning curve, i hope the repo works, i've had problems with updating the skin on a Windows laptop, but other devices seem to work ok.

I hope you enjoy it.
(2019-01-26, 12:44)AshG Wrote: [ -> ]Key changes so far (Kodi Leia only):

I hope you enjoy it.
Really love what you done !
Overhere the main menu isn't 100% in the middle, my OCD has a big problem with that Tongue

(2019-01-31, 15:11)Fambank Wrote: [ -> ]Overhere the main menu isn't 100% in the middle, my OCD has a big problem with that Tongue

yeah, got that as well, I will see what i can do...
(2019-01-31, 15:11)Fambank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-01-26, 12:44)AshG Wrote: [ -> ]Key changes so far (Kodi Leia only):

I hope you enjoy it.
Really love what you done !
Overhere the main menu isn't 100% in the middle, my OCD has a big problem with that Tongue

18.0.6 should have fixed this. should be available on my Repo for download
The animation when you scroll left and right looks weird because the two pictures are stretched. 
I'll think I will have to learn to control my ocd and learn to live with a slight off-center menu. Wink