Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@jurialmunkey
Feature Request:
I only use Artwork Beef. would it be possible to have an option to disable the other artwork search icon?  Smile

Thanks
@jurialmunkey 

Thank you for Re-add extended info button in osd. I really missed this feature because I use it almost everyday   Smile
(2019-07-12, 10:50)Dunjamon Wrote: [ -> ]Is there an option for animating the homescreen image? In the previous version the background images would move around a bit, but can't see this option anywhere.

It's on the to-do list; https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc.../issues/48
(2019-07-13, 06:49)proxymatt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-12, 10:50)Dunjamon Wrote: [ -> ]Is there an option for animating the homescreen image? In the previous version the background images would move around a bit, but can't see this option anywhere.

Sounds good! Not a major issue by any means.

Is it possible to have the submenus show just labels and no icon?
(2019-07-13, 05:43)Blurayx Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey
Feature Request:
I only use Artwork Beef. would it be possible to have an option to disable the other artwork search icon?  Smile

Thanks

In the latest release I've actually condensed these options for artwork and refresh info into a single "Manage" menu. I'm not so keen on having an option to disable individual buttons as it will bloat the settings quite a lot. However, putting these into a single menu should make it a bit clearer what each button does plus make the info dialog a bit less cluttered.
(2019-07-13, 16:05)Dunjamon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-13, 06:49)proxymatt Wrote: [ -> ]

No sorry. The icons tie in with the navigation to the submenu hub (double down press), which is a fundamental part of the Basic home menu layout. If you want text only submenus, you will need to use one of the other home menu layouts.
(2019-07-14, 00:30)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-13, 05:43)Blurayx Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey
Feature Request:

Thanks

putting these into a single menu should make it a bit clearer what each button does plus make the info dialog a bit less cluttered.  

That's a great idea Smile
(2019-07-14, 00:33)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-13, 16:05)Dunjamon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-07-13, 06:49)proxymatt Wrote: [ -> ]It's on the to-do list; https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc.../issues/48

No sorry. The icons tie in with the navigation to the submenu hub (double down press), which is a fundamental part of the Basic home menu layout. If you want text only submenus, you will need to use one of the other home menu layouts.

No worries. Thanks for the great skin!
Firstly, thanks for a wonderful skin jurialmunkey. It's my favourite by a long shot. Due to the rainy weather here in Melbourne I've been playing with settings to get ratings working.

I have RT/meta ratings working and all all dependencies at latest (incl marcelveldt's beta's), but have a problem with ratings caching. I've followed the instructions on page 1, including removing the simple cache db. I'm using the latest skin alpha in the repo, have my OMDB API key in and working etc.

I'm not sure if this is specific to the skin, but I can't seem to get ratings (rotten tomatoes, metacritic etc) except imdb to cache by simplecache, or if they are cached, they are being refreshed every time kodi or the skin is reloaded. For example, if I scroll though movies the rating appear after a several second delay for each title. If I go back and look at previously browsed titles the ratings appear straight away. However! if I reboot/reload skin I'm back at square one, every title I need to wait several seconds for the ratings to be refreshed (except IMDB, which I think is my default rating). Is this correct behaviour or should the cache persist across restarts?

For further info I'm using libreelec 9.0.2 (Leia 18.2) on intel NUC's, MYSQL backend and video sources are using inbuilt NFS client from a NAS.

Any thoughts appreciated. I've had a look but can't find anything obvious so thought I'd seek out some experience here.

Regards.
Hiya,

Love the setup for the music player. Is there a way you could have the player draw clearlogo artwork from artist. I have a lot of compilation albums and the clearlogo seems to draw from the album data (Various Artists).

Works fine when its an actual album from the artist so i assume it pulls the metadata from album info...

Cheers, Keep up the great work!
(2019-07-15, 11:00)grokky Wrote: [ -> ]Firstly, thanks for a wonderful skin jurialmunkey. It's my favourite by a long shot. Due to the rainy weather here in Melbourne I've been playing with settings to get ratings working.

I have RT/meta ratings working and all all dependencies at latest (incl marcelveldt's beta's), but have a problem with ratings caching. I've followed the instructions on page 1, including removing the simple cache db. I'm using the latest skin alpha in the repo, have my OMDB API key in and working etc.

I'm not sure if this is specific to the skin, but I can't seem to get ratings (rotten tomatoes, metacritic etc) except imdb to cache by simplecache, or if they are cached, they are being refreshed every time kodi or the skin is reloaded. For example, if I scroll though movies the rating appear after a several second delay for each title. If I go back and look at previously browsed titles the ratings appear straight away. However! if I reboot/reload skin I'm back at square one, every title I need to wait several seconds for the ratings to be refreshed (except IMDB, which I think is my default rating). Is this correct behaviour or should the cache persist across restarts?

For further info I'm using libreelec 9.0.2 (Leia 18.2) on intel NUC's, MYSQL backend and video sources are using inbuilt NFS client from a NAS.

Any thoughts appreciated. I've had a look but can't find anything obvious so thought I'd seek out some experience here.

Regards.

Do you have a TMDB and Fanart.tv API key as well as omdb? Skin Helper imposes a delay to retrieving the ratings (cached or not) if you don't have all three api keys. This delay is to avoid overloading webservers.

Ideally skin helper would retrieve cached info immediately and only impose the delay on web lookups. Unfortunately, there isn't anyone that has put their hand up to contribute to skin helper in marcelveldt's absence, so this issue is unlikely to be improved any time soon. Until someone chips in to improve the code then it is what it is.
Hey,

Could you please add an option to turn on/off the extended media info button on the OSD?
I'd like to switch it off, it has a very similar icon like the subtitles...
@jurialmunkey

Feature Request:
Not sure if this can be implemented because the limitations of kodi. Would it be possible to show fan art/poster in the return position shown in image 1

illustrated image created with keynotes(macOS)

current return positon 

Thanks
(2019-07-16, 03:42)Blurayx Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey

Feature Request:
Not sure if this can be implemented because the limitations of kodi. Would it be possible to show fan art/poster in the return position shown in image 1

illustrated image created with keynotes(macOS)

current return positon 

Thanks
I don't think it's possible.

I usually just disable parent folder items in library settings.
@jurialmunkey  have you had an issue with images ghosting like this? I haven't used fixed-width text menu style in a while but it was working then.

I'm running Libreelec on a rpi3, not sure if that's the issue. The bug happens when transitioning from a Movie Widget to Tv show widget or btwn the different movies, and during the auto transition briefly.. I'll try and recache and compress the cache images.

ImageImage