Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Play 4K HEVC x265 without stuttering Windows 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

I have read for hours now, and can´t come up with a solution.

When i play 4K HEVC on my Kodi on Windows 10, it keeps stuttering. I have tried multiple solutions, without any luck.

One of the first things i´ve read, is that i should download kodi v18 x64 bit. The worst is that the first time this stuttering problem occured, i tried this, and it worked.

Now two days ago i were going to play a 4k movie again, and with the 64 bit version installed, it still stuttered.

I kept searching, and tried advancedsettings.xml file, and adjust refresh rate settings, hardware acceleration on and off, sync playback to video etc. etc. but i still cant make it work.

Even weirder is that the few 4k movies i watched before it started stuttering, still works fine, but new 4k movies wont work. And i am quite sure that all of the 4k movies are in x265 hevc.

Do not know what to do, is it just my pc which is to slow, or is there something else. I just cant understand how i fixed it the first time, but wont work now.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Hi! Here it the log
I first tried one of the movies that stutters, than played another 4k x265 movie who does not stutter.

yetehoheno.kodi (paste)
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
Hi!

Here is the newest log with the addon removed.

I tried three movies first, one of which worked perfectly, and a last one going fine in the intro, but running up to 100 % cpu usage 1 minute in to the film, and then a start of stuttering. 

After this i tried two movies who both sutter from the beginning, with a 100% of CPU usage from the start.

I hope there is something i can do, to make this work.

Not quite sure if the advancedsettnings.xml file is running now, but i haven´t managed to see a difference with or without it.

Log:
uzikikeyoh.kodi (paste)