Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: v18: Loosing connection during recording playback and crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have a problem for quite a time and can't figure out what the root cause is.
While I'm play a recorded program the client seems to loose the connection to my TVH-Server.

Live-TV doesn't have any simular issues.

On client side I can see there is a reconnection attempt but meanwhile the FileRead failes and the playback chrashes.
I've tried to connect my Shield with LAN and Wifi, but no difference. The Server is within my local network.
A complete wipe of Kodi settings didn't help.

File replay over SMB-Share works fine and there are no issues.
Increasing the buffer size on client side didn't change a thing.

Out of a sudden the client disconnects. On the server I can see the disconnect, before the playback crashes.
Quote:19:02:46.993 T:11008 ERROR: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: pvr.hts - Command fileRead failed: No response received
19:02:46.993 T:11008 ERROR: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: pvr.hts - vfs fileRead failed
19:02:46.993 T:10986 DEBUG: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: pvr.hts - new connection requested
19:02:46.993 T:11008 DEBUG: ffmpeg[2B00]: [mpegts] PES packet size mismatch
19:02:46.993 T:10986 DEBUG: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: pvr.hts - connecting to 192.168.10.40:9982
19:02:46.995 T:10986 DEBUG: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: pvr.hts - connected
19:02:46.995 T:11028 DEBUG: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: pvr.hts - sending hello
19:02:47.203 T:11028 DEBUG: AddOnLog: Tvheadend HTSP Client: pvr.hts - connected to Tvheadend / 4.3-1733~g7d3aa1194 (HTSPv34)
The full log is available imalinoviz (paste)

Running TVH-Server 4.3-1733~g7d3aa1194
Shield is on 7.2
Kodi on the newest official release

Has anyone an idea what is wrong with my configuration?

Thanks in advance for any help!
I'm getting something similar; playing back of recorded TV causes a crash of Kodi and seems to be slightly random as to when it happens.  Don't have logs but suspect its similar.  I've been using Kodi 18 rc5 along with the TVH plugin... Just updated to the release version of v18 so will see if its still there.

Have you done an issue on github?
No haven't created a ticket yet, but I will.
been seeing the same thing, but only on large 1 hr HD programs(ts files over 4.5GGB). SD playback is fine. i taped the blackhawks game tonight, and the 17.8GB file wouldn't play in kodi or VLC. had to use xplayer.
when the wife is watching big brother and other shows are recording the backend crashes and disconnects from the client.
Ofc Kodi should not crash in this scenario, but it seems root cause is tvheadend server suddenly not responding (in time) and pvr.hts trying to reconnect which seems to succeed and then tries to reopen the recording file which fails.

Server not responding can have different reasons, like server crash, slow network,... Maybe increasing the response timeout pvr.hts setting value helps to workaround the crash.

Unfortunately, without a crash log I am unable to investigate / fix the Kodi crash.
You mean a crash log of the tvheadend server?
At the console of the frontend I can see, that the client is disconnecting and reconnects a few seconds later.

But I'll try to create a logfile of the server tonight.
Let's move the discussion to the github issue, please.