Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Leia auto update - Nvidia Shield with NAS - won't play library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all,

I was surprised to find Leia updated on my Nvidia Shield Pro.  When I tried to select something to watch I get an endless streaming wheel.  Finally times out.  But during that time it is locked up.  

I tried to navigate from videos to source but that starts the spinning wheel again.  My Nvida says my Ethernet network link is just dandy.

Any thoughts?

Here is my debug log:

https:\\paste.Kodi.tv\UVERIGIRIB
https://paste.kodi.tv/uverigirib
@wdpcpa

Please check your log link. It opens an empty page.
(2019-01-31, 06:46)wdpcpa Wrote: [ -> ]I was surprised to find Leia updated on my Nvidia Shield Pro. 
That's a bit odd, as 99% of Android devices, especially the mobile phones, are set by default to auto-update. The Nvidia Shield which is running Android has the same default setting. You can change that if you want.

(2019-01-31, 06:46)wdpcpa Wrote: [ -> ]Any thoughts?
Only one for now:
22:28:05.999 T:12988 ERROR: NFS: Failed to mount nfs share: (nfs_service failed)

But by now, you've already disabled the debugging option in Kodi, so not many details follow. Why?
Thanks for fixing my link. Here is a new one https://paste.kodi.tv/enonaheyuk.

I ran the debug and tried to stream a movie.  After it didn't work I turned off debug and sent the log.  This time I left it running for a bit.  I didn't turn it off till after the above log is sent.

Further background - library is stored on 2 "WD My Book Live".  It is Ethernet and not WiFi.   From other computers I can see the network and navigate to the data.   In Nvidia, when I go to video and click on one of the source links, the Nvidia locks up.

Also, now when the Nvidia shuts off, the TV shuts off.  I had that problem once before but I forgot how I fixed it.
Hello all,

Did the new debug log help?
(2019-02-01, 04:38)wdpcpa Wrote: [ -> ]Did the new debug log help?
No it didn't. Just looked at it.
1. You must have component Logging enabled. Please disable it. It is the option underneath where you enable/disable debug mode
2. You are having trouble playing content, but you did not play any content while creating the log, so there was nothing to see.

Can you recreate the log and while debug mode is running
1. perform an Update Library
2. Play a movie. Let it play for 30 seconds or until it freezes up. Let it unfreeze itself if it can.
Here it is:

https://paste.kodi.tv/raxuzobura

I turned on Debug and then restarted Kodi.

"Update library" just gets a spinning wheel.  Go to "Videos" and I just see a spinning wheel.  It can't find the source folders.

Attempted to play "Alien".  It just locked up after a bit.  

It just isn't finding the "My Book Live" that is plugged into my router upstairs.  But it was prior to the update.

If I look at settings in the Nividia Shield it shows an Ethernet connection and that it is good.  If I got to a computer in my office and look at what is attached to the network, it shows the shield.  If I try to access the "My Book Live" from the office computer, it works fine.

Thanks for the help.  I am going to go ahead and cut of the debug now.
Did the debug help this time?  Not surprised if it did not.

The kid who showed me XBMC years ago replied back that for his Nvidia Shield he is using MRMC.  Purchased that, and it does find the content on my NAS. Streams just fine.   

So now we know the Shield is connecting fine to the NAS.  Does that help?
xml:
00:17:18.324 T:9234 ERROR: NFS: Failed to mount nfs share: (nfs_service failed)

This seems to be the problem. You need to check your network settings.
Do you mean network settings with Leia?  Or network settings on the Shield?

I tried to do that and they look OK as best i can tell.
I'm having exactly the same issue with my nVidia Shield and Synology NAS - try to play something off the NAS via NFS share, and get an endless spinning wheel. Restart the Shield and it plays fine.
(2019-02-02, 11:55)EngineerDan Wrote: [ -> ]Restart the Shield and it plays fine.
So it works okay now? Or maybe Kodi simply had to be restarted.

I guess it also varies from one NFS server to another, and maybe a difference between v2-3-4 NFS versions?
I'm running an Ubuntu 16.04 desktop as NFS server (nfs4), and Kodi on the Shield TV works as before the upgrade.
No, it's a recurring issue, but restarting the Shield gets it going again each time.
(2019-02-02, 12:47)EngineerDan Wrote: [ -> ]No, it's a recurring issue, but restarting the Shield gets it going again each time.
 Thanks for this.  Restarting does not work for me.  It is interesting to me that MRMC is a branch of Kodi and that does work.  So if my network is a problem why does one work and one does not?

MRMC cost me $3 at the google store but worth it till we figure this out.  I got the NVIDIA Pro so space isn't an issue.
i have the excact same problem.

After auto updating to 18.0, it dident see my series and movies if they were in rar files, very strange i thought..... then i instaled some rar archive addon, and now i could see them when i vent in to videos (but still not in tv shows and movies).... then i tryed deleting tv and movies and add them again, and that was when i realised that i could no longer see my netword drive, so i could no longer add the different directories ?

I thought something broke under update, so i deleted kodi and reinstalled - still same problem, it dosent see any of my network drives ( i have 7 computers in total, and all computers can see eachother) and the fork kodi version called SPMC still works perfectly and still sees my network drives, still updates rar tv shovs and so on....

It seems something went really bad in that last update.......

Can i revert back to the previous version ?

Im also on a Nvidea shield pro........
Pages: 1 2