Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Issues with creating profiles in localised Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Scenario 1:
  1. Set Kodi language (I set to Polish)
  2. Create a profile (copy settings/don't reuse sources)
Expected:
  • Profile works
Actual:
  • You cannot enter profile on profile change screen
  • Probable reason:
23:33:13.733 T:7603   ERROR: unable to load resource://resource.language.pl_pl/langinfo.xml: Failed to open file at line 0
23:33:13.733 T:7603   FATAL: SetLanguage: CLangInfo: failed to load resource.language.pl_pl language information
23:33:13.733 T:7603   FATAL: Unable to load language for profile "Dzieci"
  • ​​​​​​​Where do I put the file manually?

Scenario 2:
  1. Set Kodi language (I set to Polish)
  2. Create a profile (don't copy settings/don't reuse sources)
Expected:
  • ​​​​​​​I can change profile language to Polish
Actual:
  • No Polish language in Interface Settings> Regional> Language dialog (all others langauges are present)
  • Nothing in logs
  • How do I make Polish available?
In scenario 2, go into Addons>Install from repository>Look and feel>Languages

Re-enable the Polish language add-on.

If it is not there, then check Add>ons>My addons>Look and feel>Languages
Log for Scenario 1 (created profile named "scen1") - https://paste.kodi.tv/emotozenut.kodi
I don't know what to do with your log. Did you follow the instructions from my previous post? If yes, what happened?
(2019-02-01, 23:40)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what to do with your log. Did you follow the instructions from my previous post? If yes, what happened?
 If you don't know - don't do anything.

I reported a possible issue with new profile creation. Usually debug log is requested in case of problems. If someone knowledgeable appears, it may appear useful to them.

I have not yet tried your solution. Except not having time to do it today, creating profiles without copying settings would mean repeating the same setups mutiple times and I would like to avoid it. So, I am interested in solution to Scenario 1 really.
@Karellen 

Your solution for scenario 2 works - Kodi behaviour here is a bit unexpected, but can be explained.

Scenario 1 is still failing, and it's a different problem.
I have the same problem. I created a new profile but i can't change the language. Only English is in the list ok languages and i'm looking for French. It's correct in Master User. Is it a bug?
(2019-02-07, 11:48)neron78 Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same problem. I created a new profile but i can't change the language. Only English is in the list ok languages and i'm looking for French. It's correct in Master User. Is it a bug?
 Try solutions in the 2nd post.
I know this is an old post, but it might be helpful to others - so I'm posting this.

As of Kodi 18, the workaround is still to switch your master profile back to English, and create a new profile. Only in English so far you'll be able to login to the new profile. At that point, you need to install the desired language add-on again, for the new profile, which you can then switch to your preferred language.