Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kwilt andriod tv box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wanted to introduce myself. I’m the end user of a kwilt3 device, mykwilt.com

But I am in constant communication with the development team developing this new android tv box.

That said, I’ve installed Kodi 18 via adb shell as this Kwilt device needs improvement in the GUI etc. The web browser still does not work.

Either way, I got Kodi to work.

I’m very impressed, and I look forward to introducing Kodi to Kwilt.

Already we talked about including it on the devices as they are being sold.

So, with my first night I found a few issues.

One, the video resolution is not changeable. It’s seem greyed out set at 1080.

My Kwilt3 is 4k. And video from Kodi is coming through at 4k. So it’s good there.

I look forward to playing with it more later.

I did manage to also play photos and videos in a slide show. The issue here, I had audio but no video with the movies, the pictures were flawless (love the transitions).

One big flaw, it’s limited in the number of videos and photos it can parse off my connected harddrive. I have 4.1 tb of family photos and videos. Kodi crashed. When I picked a smaller sub directory, it did not crash.

Anyways, I look forward to using Kodi for displaying all my family photos each Sunday when they come to visit.

Cheers

Darrin Calcutt
Moved to OS Other for now.
(2019-02-01, 05:24)EventPhotoMan Wrote: [ -> ]One big flaw, it’s limited in the number of videos and photos it can parse off my connected harddrive. I have 4.1 tb of family photos and videos. Kodi crashed. When I picked a smaller sub directory, it did not crash.
As Kodi sadly does not yet have a built-in crystal ball for its developers, we will need more tech info from you. Simply put: no debug log (wiki) provided, no problems for us to solve. The size of your harddrive(s) is not a problem. Plenty of Kodi users have 10-20+ TB of storage.

And maybe you have mixed photos and videos in a folder? Kodi prefers an organised storage environment.
My hard drive is set to subdirectories in years then month then days, what all photos and videos in the one folder.

I will look into the log file. Thank you very much!
Who do we get in touch with about shipping Kodi in devices we sale?
Agreed. The size of the harddrive is not the issue, it’s the number of file names to remember to pry and randomly pick for display.