Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Slow Channel import/scan since upgrade to Leia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On my Android TV and Vodafone TV boxes running Anrdoid since the upgrade to Leia the notification in the top right hand corner when starting Kodi about importing channels and downloading channels via ServerWMC now takes about 10-15 seconds where it used to zoom through in about a second before.  I usually have to wait for that to finish before the guide populates Sad

Not sure if this is just because Kodi 18 is doing more working the TV harder or something else is going on?  Not sure where to go from here if anyone else can test/advise?

Thanks!
I have not noticed that Leia loads slower then previous versions.  Have you tried resetting the tv database in kodi?
(2019-02-01, 18:51)krustyreturns Wrote: [ -> ]I have not noticed that Leia loads slower then previous versions.  Have you tried resetting the tv database in kodi?
 Gave that a go but hasn't seemed to make much of a difference.   I guess like you say Leia is just doing some things a little slower?

Thanks
Actually I was saying that I have not  noticed Leia taking longer to load, but I only run it on my debugging machine.  Has anyone else noticed longer pvr load times with Leia?
(2019-02-02, 18:31)krustyreturns Wrote: [ -> ]Actually I was saying that I have not  noticed Leia taking longer to load, but I only run it on my debugging machine.  Has anyone else noticed longer pvr load times with Leia?
 Ahh my bad, sorry I misread that.  Strange, I have 4 devices with Kodi spread around the house of varying types and all show this slower TV Guide import behavior since the upgrade.  It is not a dealbreaker but it is definitely a lot slower.

I'll play around and see if I can find a pattern.  Keen to see if anyone else has the same issue?

Thanks!
happpyg, did you ever discover a cause for your issue? I just noticed a bug during an Internet outage where the WMC PVR guide import was extremely slow on Windows (and ultimately caused Kodi to hang and lock up) if the *server hostname* was used instead of the *IP address* of the server. Just putting this here for reference.
(2020-03-08, 04:09)mmortal03 Wrote: [ -> ]happpyg, did you ever discover a cause for your issue? I just noticed a bug during an Internet outage where the WMC PVR guide import was extremely slow on Windows (and ultimately caused Kodi to hang and lock up) if the *server hostname* was used instead of the *IP address* of the server. Just putting this here for reference.
Hey mmortal, no never found the issue.  I ended up moving to an NVidia Shield and that is much better so don't notice this any more.  

Thanks for the tip, i'll note that and give it a try!

Cheers