Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Reading from RAR-Archive seems to be buggy now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After the nvidia shield update to kodi 18, playing media from arc (rar,r00,r01) etc,work at will. It will often stop as if  the progrram is pasued, the only way to get it to run again is to fastfarward a bit. Test that seems to happen on the same sport, if i rewind back before the pause/stop, it wil stop again. Hitting play after it self says its in "pause" wont wont, you will need to fasstfarward. I have no clue noe get a kodi log through Nvidia shield.
You could enable the SMB server in the Nvidia Shield, and connect & browse to the Kodi files using your PC/laptop/phone/whatever.
i have the same problem after the update.....

it cant see the tv shows before i unpack the show......

Before when i updatede the libarys, it would show up, even if it was in rar files, now i dosent see them anymore before i unpack them......   very strange......
(2019-02-02, 08:21)briankdk Wrote: [ -> ]i have the same problem after the update.....

it cant see the tv shows before i unpack the show......

Before when i updatede the libarys, it would show up, even if it was in rar files, now i dosent see them anymore before i unpack them......   very strange......
that is this not the same problem, go on add-ons, go to virtual file systems, and install that rar archive reader there, and reboot. my problem is that the shows randomly stops playing when playing from rar-archives.
(2019-02-02, 06:23)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]You could enable the SMB server in the Nvidia Shield, and connect & browse to the Kodi files using your PC/laptop/phone/whatever.
 what would that solve, im saying it has issues reading from rar-files, they "randomly" stop playing
(2019-02-02, 09:49)babayaga Wrote: [ -> ]what would that solve, im saying it has issues reading from rar-files, they "randomly" stop playing
>> I have no clue noe get a kodi log through Nvidia shield.

I gave you a way of accessing Kodi's debug log (wiki) file. It's the replacement for the proverbial crystal ball.
(2019-02-02, 10:15)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-02, 09:49)babayaga Wrote: [ -> ]what would that solve, im saying it has issues reading from rar-files, they "randomly" stop playing
>> I have no clue noe get a kodi log through Nvidia shield.

I gave you a way of accessing Kodi's debug log (wiki) file. It's the replacement for the proverbial crystal ball. 
 oh, thanks Smile
This is the log where it suddenly stops, only happens when reading from rar-archives :/

https://paste.kodi.tv/tegezuwaso.kodi