Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi crashes on computer when (uPnP) episode ends, after Leia update on Shield!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A bit long title there... but describes the entire problem. My Kodi software was recently automatically updated on my NVIDIA Shield to v18 Leia. On my computer I am still using Krypton. All physical files are on my computer in my bedroom, so i use uPnp to watch stuff on the Shield. Ever since the update on my Shield, Kodi on my COMPUTER just closes whenever an episode ends playing (through upnp) on my SHIELD... Which is really weird... to me, at least.. This has never been an issue before the Leia-update. Kodi does not appear to crash on my computer if i manually hit "stop" on the episode on Shield - only when an episode or any other file reaches it's own end. 

An "obvious" solution to try would of course be to upgrade to Leia on my computer as well, in case it needs to be the same version on both devices (but in my experience, this has never been the case...). However, I can't seem to find neither Grid or Mimic or any other skin I like in the kodi repository for Leia on my Shield, and all attempts of installing these through zip-files have lead to error messages. Thus, I would prefer staying with Krypton on my computer, so that I can stay with Mimic... But walking back and forth between every episode to turn Kodi back on is obviously a huge hassle, so if anyone KNOWS that this will solve the problem, I would do that...

Can anyone help? Why is this happening?
(2019-02-02, 08:19)teruyo Wrote: [ -> ]A bit long title there... but describes the entire problem. My Kodi software was recently automatically updated on my NVIDIA Shield to v18 Leia. On my computer I am still using Krypton. All physical files are on my computer in my bedroom, so i use uPnp to watch stuff on the Shield. Ever since the update on my Shield, Kodi on my COMPUTER just closes whenever an episode ends playing (through upnp) on my SHIELD... Which is really weird... to me, at least.. This has never been an issue before the Leia-update. Kodi does not appear to crash on my computer if i manually hit "stop" on the episode on Shield - only when an episode or any other file reaches it's own end. 

An "obvious" solution to try would of course be to upgrade to Leia on my computer as well, in case it needs to be the same version on both devices (but in my experience, this has never been the case...). However, I can't seem to find neither Grid or Mimic or any other skin I like in the kodi repository for Leia on my Shield, and all attempts of installing these through zip-files have lead to error messages. Thus, I would prefer staying with Krypton on my computer, so that I can stay with Mimic... But walking back and forth between every episode to turn Kodi back on is obviously a huge hassle, so if anyone KNOWS that this will solve the problem, I would do that...

Can anyone help? Why is this happening?
Same exact issue is happening to me. I was hoping someone would have a solution