Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Does anybody want to maintain VNSI?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The vnsi addon is available in the official Kodi matrix addon repository.

As this is a binary add-on, it is not affected by the move from Python 2 to Python 3
(2021-02-25, 13:37)ksooo Wrote: [ -> ]The vnsi addon is available in the official Kodi matrix addon repository.

As this is a binary add-on, it is not affected by the move from Python 2 to Python 3

OK - then mine addon disable was due to something else (maybe used repositor was not the right one). I will run some further tests in another setup I have and we will see how it goes. Thanks "ksooo" - brilliant piece of information
And now confirmed - it works in my another Nvidia Shield without any actions. So the addon disable was something that just happened yesterday for some reason and now things work normally. Most likely there was some issue in repositorys during Kodi 19 upgrade and now that got fixed and things work normally. So it was just some random issue really. It just happened in all my three devices equally and reporting was pretty clear - "addon disabled due incompatibility" so it looked more than random to me though finally it was just some temporary hickup.

All good now and we can still live without VNSI maintenance. However in longer run I hope someone skilled enough gets motivated. VDR and Kodi is still a brilliant package and it would be shame to waste it away. In my perspective equal plugin to PLEX would do the same thing but of course it is way easier to keep existing Kodi stuff up and running than start building something new.
(2019-02-02, 14:48)FernetMenta Wrote: [ -> ]IMO VDR is kind of dead

Very sad, that VNSI isn't maintained anymore. In my opinion VDR is more alive than tvh and has better performance/less issues on rpi4.
(2021-03-27, 22:51)polo_joe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-02-02, 14:48)FernetMenta Wrote: [ -> ]IMO VDR is kind of dead

Very sad, that VNSI isn't maintained anymore. In my opinion VDR is more alive than tvh and has better performance/less issues on rpi4.
I agree completely - VDR is very alive but market is just so nieche. As Fernet Menta has other things in life we have to respect his/her great work done so far. VNSI works brilliantly all the time but as market is so small for such applications it is unrealistic to expect that we can easily found skilled and motivated person to do all the hard work. So far there is no issues in my perspective - everything I need works well. The worry is that someday things change in such way that troubles arise. I hope coding environment is so arranged that if someone skilled wants to do something it is possible.  My skills are not enough to get started - I am just a very happy consumer for VDR/VNSI.
(2021-04-06, 08:44)tikola Wrote: [ -> ]So far there is no issues in my perspective
Do you have channel groups?
https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.vdr.vnsi/issues/144
(2021-04-06, 09:41)polo_joe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-04-06, 08:44)tikola Wrote: [ -> ]So far there is no issues in my perspective
Do you have channel groups?
https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.vdr.vnsi/issues/144
No - maybe only problem I have is a problems to make default subtitle and language settings to stick in system. I often have to redo the show subtitles setting. That is probably only issue I have - and that is no major issue either.
Pages: 1 2