Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Krypton upgraded to Leia issue: videos don't play AFTER adding subtitles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

my Sony TV (upgrade from a perfectly fine working Krypton) and Android 8 phone (installed app after tv had the issues below) have the same issue: when playing a video without subs, eberything is fine but when adding a sub (through internal download or downloaded externally) videos won't play. When I click on them, you briefly see the spinning 'wheel' which then disappears...and that's it.

Seems like a very simple issue but I can't get it fixed...
btw: I removed all cache and files from the app on the TV and then reinstalled it as well. Issues remains.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Here is the log. The problem is at the end where I try to watch Americans: https://paste.kodi.tv/odevivukic.kodi