Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Display and sound lost by playing music
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

my system
- Atom 330 + nVidia ION
- Ubuntu 18.04 (nvidia-340)
- Kodi 18
- Kodi -> HDMI -> Marantz AV -> HDMI -> LG-TV

This constellation works fine for many years with a lot of updates. With the update to Leia comes up two problems.
First on movies the sound stocks for time under 1 second -> i install the system new with LUbuntu 18.10 and install kodi out of the repos. -> This now works fine
The second problem is the lost of all signals on the HDMI-Port, when i hear music or the system do nothing. In this status i can use the web-interface to kodi and i can shutdown the system with android-remote-control too.
This problem was on Ubuntu 18.04 and on the new installation with LUbuntu 18.10.
I think this is a problem match with the screen-energy-saver? In the System-settings i switch all value to off, without success.
Ideas?

Bye Andreas
Hi,

it was a DPMS-Problem. This doesn't works fine in Leia. The DPMS switch of the monitor at 10min but switch off the complete HDMI-Signal with the audio-stream.
I disable the DPMS in the xorg.conf and it works.
This behavior comes with the update to Leia. The 17.3-system before works fine with DPMS=true.

Bye Andreas